Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have used Google Wallet, 95% of the time I get a reaction from the cashier or people around me. Most are in total shock to see a phone pay for something. Post your experiences in this thread!

Todays Google Wallet experience:
Cashier: "Do you have a CVS card?"
Me: "No" - I then pull out my phone and pay
Cashier: "Whoa...that is the future"
Me: :D
Cashier: "Is that an app you download?"
Me: "Yeah, but its only for a few phones"
Cashier: "Can I use it on my iPhone?"
Me: :D....."Nope."
Cashier:

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Once I went into a CVS and paid using Google Wallet. I put the phone down on the pad and once the screen said "Sent" the cashier remarks, "That was dope" and continued about his business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Japan and other parts of Asia have been doing NFC style payments via phone for the last 6-8 years. We're just finally catching up :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Used mine for the first time today finally. Didn't get any reactions except my own delight lol. No sliding my card in and out of my wallet, no handing it back and forth with the cashier and waiting, just *beep* and "here's your receipt"! Sounds ridiculous but once you actually do it, it's pretty awesome :D

·
Android Apprentice
390 Posts
Since I have used Google Wallet, 95% of the time I get a reaction from the cashier or people around me. Most are in total shock to see a phone pay for something. Post your experiences in this thread!

Todays Google Wallet experience:
Cashier: "Do you have a CVS card?"
Me: "No" - I then pull out my phone and pay
Cashier: "Whoa...that is the future"
Me: :D
Cashier: "Is that an app you download?"
Me: "Yeah, but its only for a few phones"
Cashier: "Can I use it on my iPhone?"
Me: :D....."Nope."
Cashier:
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Haha another thing iPhone can't do I love it.

·
Android Beginner
413 Posts
Used it at 7-11 and the Indian guy said what is that. I told him what it was and how it works he said that's amazing I said yes it's the future it's here. I then continued to take my bag of chips and my Slurpie and left

Sent from my bad ass Galaxy Nexus using Taptalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha great thread. Have they ironed out the bug that some people were having that messed up Google wallet and the only fix was a new device? I have been waiting to install till that happened. Also, do you still get free money from Google when you first activate it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haha great thread. Have they ironed out the bug that some people were having that messed up Google wallet and the only fix was a new device? I have been waiting to install till that happened. Also, do you still get free money from Google when you first activate it?

yeah, they fixed it yesterday by confirming your account with a password. i have the CDMA nexus and installed wallet w/ an apk originally before rooting. got the free $10 from Google, bought a pack of gum, then unlocked/rooted, flashed a rom and wallet no longer would recognize my prepaid card. got back my $8.13 as of yesterday

·
Registered
165 Posts
The guy at my local gas station argued with me saying I didn't pay, he kept saying you can't do that. Then the receipt printed out. He looked dead at me and told me I was going to jail because I ripped him off somehow. Had to explain it to him while customers waited in line. It was funny as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWik

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guy at my local gas station argued with me saying I didn't pay, he kept saying you can't do that. Then the receipt printed out. He looked dead at me and told me I was going to jail because I ripped him off somehow. Had to explain it to him while customers waited in line. It was funny as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWik
accused of possibly going to jail for using NFC.....classic GWallet users. they're all about causing trouble...lol

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
The first time I used it, it didn't work but probably because some fatass was crowding me at McDonald's and I could hardly reach the terminal.

Second time, it did work but the old lady manager tried to convince me that it hadn't worked and it's not possible...as my receipt was printing. Then I had to explain that I wasn't some mad scientist hacker stealing all there money and i just wanted a damn milkshake because I had a sore throat.

Third time, they didn't say a word.

Wish I had someone ask me if their iPhone could do it. I would just laugh my ass off and walk out. Silly iPhone users.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
This is mine:

Me: Ding.
SexyNexy: Sending...Sent. Ask the seller if this transaction was successfully processed. (Or something similar).
Me: Uh...did it work?
Cashier: Huh?
Me: One second.
SexyNexy: Sending....Sent. Ask the seller if this transaction was successfully processed.
Cashier: What are you doing?
Me: Oh screw it. Here *hands cash/debit card*.

I've only had it work once.
=/

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.