Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get this started

Because of the lifting of the display. When I pushed it down a second time, the screen stressed and cracked. Still waiting for them to replace it.

My advice is don't mess with the lifting, its a factory defect and needs to be returned.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it was from pushing the glass into the glue. It worked the first time. Second time it cracked from stress. No more pressure than u might if u were holding it in one hand and walking down the street. Very dispointing.

My advice is don't mess with the raised glass, if you don't like it take it back.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Lover
919 Posts
Yea mine had that raise glass the first time and I took it back..... now I have this stupid 1 dead pixel or stuck pixel on the top left corner lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
NEXUS = ANDROID! ;)
90 Posts
Damn, I have the lifted glass too. I guess I will need to send it back.
On my 2nd unit with raised glass on the left side only.... kinda sucks! Since I purchased mine through Sam's Club and they are all OOS now I will be waiting on a fresh 3rd replacement.... I LOVE this tablet though!! I just think they rushed it just a bit...

·
Android Lover
919 Posts
On my 2nd unit with raised glass on the left side only.... kinda sucks! Since I purchased mine through Sam's Club and they are all OOS now I will be waiting on a fresh 3rd replacement.... I LOVE this tablet though!! I just think they rushed it just a bit...
Yea. I tried calling Sams club but no idea when their next shipment is or will get one... grrrr.
I guess that dead pixel is better then lifted glass... its really tiny anyways plus its on the very edge also.

·
Crack Flasher
901 Posts
See my Defective Nexus7 thread. I to have gotten this dreaded bull crap. What sucks for me is I ordered on Google Play so now I have to ship mine which will only make the wait longer.

·
Android Noob
115 Posts
I have the lifting on the left midway up. I did press on it pretty hard the first time I noticed and it stuck for awhile good thing I quit messing with it.

I am not going to send it back, I will either fix it myself or try to forget about it. Maybe someone will make a walk through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Lover
919 Posts
I have the lifting on the left midway up. I did press on it pretty hard the first time I noticed and it stuck for awhile good thing I quit messing with it.

I am not going to send it back, I will either fix it myself or try to forget about it. Maybe someone will make a walk through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Ifixit has a good tear down. Maybe wanna try looking at it and see what glues it or what not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope I have to go through Asus. Asus made it and Asus warranties it. Google just sells it from what I understand.
Same Issue Here..Bought from Google Play. Just got it this afternoon, raised screen. So did you had to send it back to ASUS..did they give you and ETA?

·
I play with lazers (literally)
513 Posts
Mine might be raised about a mm (literally just that) on the left side but only if I REALLY look hard, never would have noticed it if I never looked at this thread, bastards.

Not a problem, but I just bought a nice case that will cover up the bezel anyways, no problems over here.

Reactions: Migamix and shojus

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the lifted glass issue. Looks like a ding on the left side in the middle of outer bezel caused this. Don't think this could have happened during shipping as both boxes it came in were in great condition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine might be raised about a mm (literally just that) on the left side but only if I REALLY look hard, never would have noticed it if I never looked at this thread, bastards.

Not a problem, but I just bought a nice case that will cover up the bezel anyways, no problems over here.
Same thing. I see it "raised" sometimes and other times I don't. It is either paranoia or it is really not that bad

·
Average Android
172 Posts
Same Issue Here..Bought from Google Play. Just got it this afternoon, raised screen. So did you had to send it back to ASUS..did they give you and ETA?
I just got my RMA number, they are shipping me the box to send it in. They said it is about 10-15 days turnaround once they get the thing... I guess I can play with it for now at least.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts