Android OS Forum banner

[THE OR] PowerBoost v2.5 ===[PRB(PreReleaseBETA)]=== Were Getting There

174K views 971 replies 138 participants last post by  natezero386 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
##########################################################################################################

Welcome to the OR!
Now the OFFICIAL thread for v2.2 BUGS and INSTALL HELP ONLY!! Please take all feature requests and general PB discussion to the PIT (http://rootzwiki.com...powerboost-v25/ ). A 3rd thread will be open once development of next version after 2.5 is started.

##########################################################################################################

Home to the Multi-Device MOD known as PowerBoost (PB)
Same PB, New Thread
***1300 posts 120,000 views in 3.5 months B-) ***

We've Found the Breakthrough!​

Iris Art Art paint Painting Astronomical object

/*
*v2.5 Features!

* ALL DEVICES NOW SUPPORTED!!!!
* New Features, Rewrites, New Devices and SO Much more!!:
*Dirty Batt3ry Calibration has been r3add3d

*Custom OC/UV Script
will be available to devices that utilize an overclock module [Droid series]
*Rethrottle option added in
*Build.prop edits now toggleable
*build.prop and sysctl.conf tweaks will now NEVER duplicate
*Fully Functional check mods script(prop and sysctl check actually work now
)
*NEW CPU gov selection menu
* --New Feature: ScreenState Scaling ....
*Modded Smartassv2 CPU gov BOOSTEDassV2 !
*Backup/Restore Menu
*Zipalign apk's on boot init.d script
*New tweaks to build.prop
*SQL Vaccuum Cleanup
*User Stats Deleteable
*LagFix Init.d Script
*Many more
*/

-=-=DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!=-=-​
All that who donate will be posted here so I can show that I appreciate my users. :)

clouse2013​
iluvamk​
matjmonk​
brownt01​
arnshrty (x2)​
Collinscars (x2)​
XDroidXX $20​
blacksantron​
swirly​
anonymous $30​
turflife2​
anonymous​

If you have donated, pm me and I'll check my paypal history and add you.​

v2.5 INSTALL
1. Verify that you are running minimum busybox 1.19.3 and have functional wget command​
2. Open terminal and type:​
su
mount -o remount,rw /system (if running pb 2.2 type sysrw)
busybox wget [url to be added] -O /system/xbin/makedevice.jpg
3. Next type:​
makedevice.jpg
#- If this command fails then type:​
chmod 777 /system/xbin/makedevice.jpg
#Then repeat makedevice.jpg command​
4. Device will reboot and load terminal for you :)
5. Type:​
su
sysrw
pb
/*
* No need to create backup directory before starting this is done by default
* Also note that all files are installed during makedevice.jpg
* Just toggle what you want to use
*/
6. Reboot after all mods toggled and other goodies utilized​
7. Reap the Benefits​

==========================================================================================================
v2.5 Preview Images:​

Attachments

See less See more
#110 · (Edited by Moderator)
Updated Link Posted in OP. Confirmed Working on D2/D2G. Also Fascinate support has been added. DX2 is next. The install instructions have also been updated. There are also some new tweaks i have added so i reccomend that everyone try the new link, regardless of success on the previous one

#113 ·
ufjay5 said:
Ok. Take a look at those missing folders. Depending on how you extracted the zip, you'll need to build at least one folder manually on you sdcard.

For example, I extracted using root explorer. This put the files in /sdcard/extracted/pb2.2. The script is looking for the files in /sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted/pb2.2. As PB was the only thing in my extracted folder, I created the speedsoftware folder and copied the entire extracted folder into it. Be sure to note the case in the error messages too. I believe Android is case sensitive. So if it is showing that you don't have the folder /sdcard/speedsoftware/"Extracted", building one called "extracted" wont match.

#114 ·
wizard0f0s said:
Ok. Take a look at those missing folders. Depending on how you extracted the zip, you'll need to build at least one folder manually on you sdcard.

For example, I extracted using root explorer. This put the files in /sdcard/extracted/pb2.2. The script is looking for the files in /sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted/pb2.2. As PB was the only thing in my extracted folder, I created the speedsoftware folder and copied the entire extracted folder into it. Be sure to note the case in the error messages too. I believe Android is case sensitive. So if it is showing that you don't have the folder /sdcard/speedsoftware/"Extracted", building one called "extracted" wont match.
Finally got it! Now, how do you know if the unthrottle hack took

#119 · (Edited by Moderator)
kwyrt said:
Will this run in conjunction with JakeBites Mods and/or Zepplinrox's 3G Supercharger? Any overlaps?
Keep in mind, JB mods will kill your built-in screenshot ability. Nothing to do with PB, jbm does that on a clean miui install.

Edit: unless jbm has been fixed, haven't tried it in a while

#125 ·
Everytime I flash pb it breaks my wifi...I connect to my router but no data transfers. I've tried with all tweaks and mods, I've tried with just the conservative governor ...same thing. If I reflash the ROM (ICS MIUI), clearing out pb, wifi works no problem...any thoughts?

sent from my DX running whatever it is I'm running today.

#127 ·
I turned off the app I was using and Toggled the lights, there not on nut I haven't rebooted since I deleted the app, I did however after the toggle, now I'm curious, gonna reboot and will edit this post

Edit. App is deleted and lights are off,lol not sure why if you never changed it but I'm even happier about it.
Were you using Green Power Premium?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#128 ·
clothednblack said:
I turned off the app I was using and Toggled the lights, there not on nut I haven't rebooted since I deleted the app, I did however after the toggle, now I'm curious, gonna reboot and will edit this post

Edit. App is deleted and lights are off,lol not sure why if you never changed it but I'm even happier about it.
Sounds good to me lol.

#129 ·
OK my 3g is working fine now. But the 3g toggle is still broken. I don't think its the app bc I just turned off "manage 3G" for the Day Settings to troubleshoot this. I have a rebooted a few times during this testing and 3G works fine but the toggle is broken thus can't disable 3G manually

#130 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMc I apologize it was the app after all. The app works fine w/o your mod. I guess the app is over is overwhelmed by your mod's awesomeness
o got rid of Green Power Premium and all is well. Toggles work fine and Wifi doesn't shut itself off. Thanks for bringing this mod to our phones. Better then JBM IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.