Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
229 Posts
Welcome to The PIT!

BMc asked me to create this so this is a waiting room for BMC's Powerboost mod. Here you can discuss new features and the newest version of this mod. Also you may discuss features you would like to see in future versions.(see post 4)

2.5 is now compatible with EVERY ANDROID DEVICE--rooted of course

=================================================================================================
[hide='FAQ's']
To be added in later.
[/hide]
=================================================================================================

Hope this helps keep things organized and hope everyone's discussions make PB even better than it already is.

·
Android Apprentice
229 Posts
New Feature Information[Next version]

[hide='ScreenState Scaling']Fully Functional Now
Allows you to view all available loaded modules and select the one you would like to use-for awake and sleep gov.
SreenState Scaling is the use of different cpu govs for screen off vs screen on, potentially saving battery. Also the menu will allow you to load my modded smartassv2 gov, 'boostedASSv2', for all available devices. Here are some teaser pics:(NOTE: Im on Fascinate and using a custom kernel(i.e different govs)
Product Rectangle Computer Font Operating system

[/hide]

[hide='Backup/Restore Menu']Fully Functional Now
Now that 'makedevice' installs all scripts to your device as a default, it allows the easier method of backing up and restoring. :)
Azure Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel

All you have to do now when flashing a new rom, or reflashing is run the 'makedevice' script and then after the phone reboots to terminal, restore POWERBOOST settings and reboot.
Azure Computer Personal computer Rectangle Font

There is also the option to delete backups so you can manage them accordingly. They are now saved by date, but I may implement the option to rename them via the menu at a future point.
Computer Azure Personal computer Rectangle Font

The only minor finick of this version of backup is that I still have to code in the saving of two backups in the same day(folders will have same name). It isnt a major thing to code, just low on free time to code it. So just use manage backups menu, delete it and make a new one[/hide]

[hide='Custom OC/UV Script']Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, and Droid 3 supported. More info to come[/hide]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
In interim period while I attempt to get these modules compiled for the fascinate, I have begun the debug stage! Script is running, and now I'm just working out mod related scripting issues. I'll be updating the PIT with new features as I get them fully functional. First up is CPU Gov Menu.

EDIT: I also have made more edits to my modded smartassv2 gov, and it has made it more battery efficient, reduced lag, and decreased the transition state between slots :) so far its running strong on the X test.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In interim period while I attempt to get these modules compiled for the fascinate, I have begun the debug stage! Script is running, and now I'm just working out mod related scripting issues. I'll be updating the PIT with new features as I get them fully functional. First up is CPU Gov Menu.

EDIT: I also have made more edits to my modded smartassv2 gov, and it has made it more battery efficient, reduced lag, and decreased the transition state between slots :) so far its running strong on the X test.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki
Good news! Cant wait to see it

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
BMc, I must be missing something, can you help?

If your 'wake' governor supports sleeping mode, why would you use a different governor for sleep?
good question.

Say you want to use conservative gov while awake, but you want a better gov/more efficient sleep gov. For devices that support different govs, there is some better options to run a gov that is different for sleep than while awake.

could run ondemand-awake and powersave-sleep, etc., etc.

Can be utilized to for morepotential battery savings.

Yes smartassv2 has a sleep feature built in, but you could tag team smartassv2 with something else for potentially a better experience.

·
Android Helper
1,687 Posts
good question.

Say you want to use conservative gov while awake, but you want a better gov/more efficient sleep gov. For devices that support different govs, there is some better options to run a gov that is different for sleep than while awake.

could run ondemand-awake and powersave-sleep, etc., etc.

Can be utilized to for morepotential battery savings.

Yes smartassv2 has a sleep feature built in, but you could tag team smartassv2 with something else for potentially a better experience.
Wouldn't that conflict with scheduled events that invoke partial wakelocks (i.e. sync or email polling)?

·
Android Helper
1,687 Posts
No sir. Data and connections are not disabled. It just swaps your cpu gov on screen on/screen off.
Yes, I understand that, but what I mean is, by setting a 'sleep' gov, you won't take advantage of the more sophisticated governors for these background tasks, while the phone is sleeping (screen off while tasks run)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.