Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Meh, I've found it easy to ignore the games since you can block all future notifications of each game and such. I used to get random invites, but I haven't seen one in ages.

Personally, I don't really mind that they'll be incorporating social games. If anything, it'll help bring traffic to Google+. Google+ needs to offer much of the same features as Facebook if they want to achieve a competitive advantage. Without a competitive advantage, they're simply not going to have the traffic needed to flourish. While I find social games on FB annoying and don't partake in them, I know plenty of people that do. I never understood their allure, but to each their own.

As long as Google+ incorporates a way to block/mute notifications from social games, I don't have a problem with them existing.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
swiftmazda said:
Meh, I've found it easy to ignore the games since you can block all future notifications of each game and such. I used to get random invites, but I haven't seen one in ages.

Personally, I don't really mind that they'll be incorporating social games. If anything, it'll help bring traffic to Google+. Google+ needs to offer much of the same features as Facebook if they want to achieve a competitive advantage. Without a competitive advantage, they're simply not going to have the traffic needed to flourish. While I find social games on FB annoying and don't partake in them, I know plenty of people that do. I never understood their allure, but to each their own.

As long as Google+ incorporates a way to block/mute notifications from social games, I don't have a problem with them existing.
Way to kill the "we hate FB games" flow we had going. Thx alot bro :androidwink: lol-just playin.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
The games truly are annoying. However I say bring them on. Reason: I would love to see G+ dethrone FB and if it needs dumb elements like this to do it then so be it. Not that I dont like FB I am just Google to the core.

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
If google+ did everything else right, i imagine they will do games right too.

the way facebook did it was just a fustercluck.

G

·
SyNiK4L said:
Way to kill the "we hate FB games" flow we had going. Thx alot bro :androidwink: lol-just playin.
Lol! I just had to play devil's advocate a little bit. ;) I want to see Google+ flourish since I do love the functionality and layout of it much better than Facebook. It'll be awesome if it really takes off.

JSM9872 said:
The games truly are annoying. However I say bring them on. Reason: I would love to see G+ dethrone FB and if it needs dumb elements like this to do it then so be it. Not that I dont like FB I am just Google to the core.
Exactly! I'm definitely a Google fanboi and would love to watch it dethrone Facebook. Google products really are top-notch. Plus, the open-source nature of them is what really appeals to me.

birdman said:
If google+ did everything else right, i imagine they will do games right too.

the way facebook did it was just a fustercluck.
Very true. Just give me an option to block/mute all requests for social games, and I'm good. Then, the kiddies can play Farmville without me having to deal with the annoying invites and status updates. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.