Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Themer
35 Posts
This is for 2.2 only, check out my GB port here. Also, I may or may not continue support for 2.2.

Funkenblack is my personal theme I edit in my spare time, and decided to share with everyone else. It is almost 100% original and being added to constantly whether its the framework or an app I use a lot. The reason I chose black and green is for a couple reasons. Black is simple, easy, and and technically uses less power(=good). Also, green is my favorite color and since GB, I've noticed how well it go's with black. Together I think they're perfect for a simple good looking overall theme and to me perfect for replacing Blur's ugly color scheme. I can honestly say I'm very sick of blue, its a depressing color.

Heres the theme (updated 7-30-11), just flash in recovery and enjoy
And if you want to go back to stock just download this and flash​

Recent changes(from 7-25 to 7-30):
Cleaned up some rogue .9.pngs
More complete phone and dialer
re-themed most notifications
Got rid of more system wide blue
fixed stockframe.zip to bring phone and dialer back to stock
Recent changes(from 7-17 to 7-25):
Added themed blurphone.apk
Added themed blurdialer.apk
more original icons
touched up a few things in the status bar
started on replacing anything blue including text input
Its a link to my dropbox and I update the zip from time to time without posting but if theres something big I'll let you know so you can redownload it.

As far as I know there should be no bugs/problems since its my daily driver its tested constantly plus, its just a theme. If you do by chance find a problem or misplaced png just let me know.

There's more:
Also as an option I've themed a couple apps to go with my theme, but decided to leave it up to you to install them if you want.

For now, I only have shapewriter in a releasable state. If you don't know about shapewriter its similar to swype but way better and no longer available on the market. I'd say the downloads well worth it.
a screen can be seen in the theme image above and you can
get it here

I will hopefully (time allowing) be adding a few more apps to this as the days go by.​

·
Themer
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I've noticed you really want a gingerbread theme and I will finally put some work into it.
No promises but it shouldn't be to long. What are you looking for exactly, Straight stock GB theme, or a GB like theme?

·
Themer
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, It'll probably be mostly just the framework since the dx2 is so bloated with its blur crapps. How long it takes me will depend mostly on the likeness of the two frameworks. Anyway off to work on it, post back when I'm done or at least make some progress.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts

·
Android Beginner
90 Posts
Really like theme so far. Will there be deeper theming down the road. Like notification drop down and setting menus. The deeper the better.

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
I Love This Dark Theme. Green And Black Are Just Two Amazing Colors.

·
Themer
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everyone fpr all the feedback, I appreciate it.
gkitab said:
Really like theme so far. Will there be deeper theming down the road. Like notification drop down and setting menus. The deeper the better.
and yes, since this is one theme I'm always gonna be working on no matter what I else I might work on, as deep as it gets. For now though I'll probably just finish up what I've already been working on and continue work on the OTA when everything gets worked out on it, and/or whichever ROM I end up with.

·
Average Android
72 Posts
+2 loved this theme since you first put it out bro....much appreciated n keep up the good work

·
Themer
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rhodester10 said:
hey funken cool when i use your zip to get it back to stock my dialer stays changed? any ideas why?
I updated the stockframe.zip; download and try again and it should be completely stock. Sorry the goof was on my end, thanks for the heads up tho or I would've never known (I never use the stockframe ;)

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Really wish this was available for dx gingerbread :( it looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts