Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Rootz dudes, I've just finished a major revision / stable release of my first ever theme, already a month in the making. I'm hoping to air it out with some fresh opinions in a new crowd. (I did the Alpha stage on XDA). Please keep suggestions, critiques, and Ideas to the thread; it's easier to manage :)
Water Sky Cloud Photograph Nature

HoloGlass - Google's UI, Elevated...
I started building this theme to enhance the Android UI, focusing on the user's personality without compromising the Holo design, but as the development has progressed, it has taken a little bit more minimalistic direction. This theme turns android transparent, letting your background shine through!

It looks even better if you have a rom that supports always-on statusbar transparency, like PA, or use the pie mode :D

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Font Grassland

My todo-list includes fixing the text-coloring to support disabled text coloring (a little hacked in right now), adding back in / making holo_blue a more consistent accent color, and continuing to update the system icon's to remove all the greys and change them to transparent whites.

Bang away at it and tell me what you think!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
302 Posts
Communication Device Font Screenshot Gadget Electronic device

Only issue I'm having is the 4g is blue instead of white (unless that was planned). Can't wait to see what other apps you add for transparency in future updates. This is super clean. I'm gonna be trying out other ROMs soon to see if I can find AOKP base with always transparent status bar support.

Thanks for this theme.

Sent from my SCH-i535 using Tapatalk 2

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
View attachment 38074
Only issue I'm having is the 4g is blue instead of white (unless that was planned). Can't wait to see what other apps you add for transparency in future updates. This is super clean. I'm gonna be trying out other ROMs soon to see if I can find AOKP base with always transparent status bar support.

Thanks for this theme.
Thanks! Yeah, the extra signal stuff I haven't gotten around to doing yet... There's a lot of little icons here and there I haven't done. Up to this point I was more concerned about making sure the thing was actually going to work. Initial Alpha had some really really bad transition issues and stuff.

I'm actually still considering putting the blues back into the status icons, but at a significantly reduced transparency. Not sure yet.

Hope you guys like the themed MMS, and sorry for temporarily breaking the Holo.Light.Darkactionbar apps like Gtalk and WhatsApp.

As for it being "clean", that was very much the idea
Too many themes are a little heavy on the bevel&emboss photoshop filters.

·
Android Beginner
302 Posts
I think its cool because it reminds me of chrome os but transparent.

Sent from my SCH-i535 using Tapatalk 2

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts