Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Android Enthusiast / File Host
164 Posts
BlackedOut created and themed for 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 This work for any device that is running any 4.0.4 or 4.0.3 ROM

I am not responsible for any problems you encounter when flashing these themes.
Do all of this at your own risk.

The following are themed:

BlackedOut Phone

BlackedOut SMS

BlackedOut Calculator

Instructions For Install:

*Create a backup before installing
*Download from the links below.
*Copy the zip files to you /sd
*Boot into recovery and install from zip.
*No need to wipe cache or data

Update:

Updated SMS Package
Added BlackOut Calculator
Confirmation as it works on any device running a 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 ROM

Thanks to Roman, travp624, and Kajer for helping me and base images to work off of.

·
Swirv
190 Posts
Hey you think you could also make it so that empty pics show something instead of that default no contact image...like use the android or something? I'm not sure how much work that entails but would be cool...thanks for the darkness though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
42 Posts
Nice mod. My contacts didn't get blacked out though. SMS and dialer look good though.
Thanks.
Actually, everything in the dialer app got blacked out. My people app did not.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice mod. My contacts didn't get blacked out though. SMS and dialer look good though.
Thanks.
Actually, everything in the dialer app got blacked out. My people app did not.

It is not themed for the People App, When you open the phone and scroll to the right into your contacts is what is themed. Sorry for any misunderstandings

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. Will be themeing more and more for BlackedOut series.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (AOKP / Franco) using RootzWiki app.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated with info for any device that is running Android 4.0.3 these two themes work for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (AOKP / Franco) using RootzWiki app.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:
Added BlackedOut Gmail
Confirmation as it works on any device running a 4.0.3 ROM

·
Android Beginner
132 Posts
Gmail blackout is a no go for me, downloaded it twice install aborted, sms worked great though, running tranquil ice

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Sorry, GPL doesn't work like that. Your alterations are free for anyone to do whatever they want with (within the confines of the GPL), including modification and redistribution.
You are aware that gpl applies to kernels not themes right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are aware that the .XML (presumably) files dictating the formatting in the stock apps like these are considered part of the source code, right? Though I guess you're right about one thing; in this case it's not GPL, it's actually the far more permissive Apache Software License which lets you do even more of whatever you want with it.

The point is that someone can't make minor changes to the stock apps and tell people they aren't allowed to distribute them. It doesn't work like that and frankly it's a hilarious proposition.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
You are aware that the .XML (presumably) files dictating the formatting in the stock apps like these are considered part of the source code, right? Though I guess you're right about one thing; in this case it's not GPL, it's actually the far more permissive Apache Software License which lets you do even more of whatever you want with it.

The point is that someone can't make minor changes to the stock apps and tell people they aren't allowed to distribute them. It doesn't work like that and frankly it's a hilarious proposition.
He asked people to link back to this thread. Simple as that. Stop trying to make problems where they don't exist.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"App isn't installed"

I downloaded the file, threw on /sdcard, rebooted into recovery, flashed the zip, said it worked, then restarted, get back to the home screen, tap the phone icon and says "App isn't installed" ? WTF

1 - 20 of 45 Posts