Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Blackout-Blue
Liberty v0.8 and 0.9

*PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING*
Iv'e made 4 full versions of this theme, an alternative dialer, 2 smart keyboard skins, themed Facebook, themed Power Control, and a goodies pack (wallpapers and dock icons). There are two main Blackout-Blue versions: a circle battery version and a horizontal (stock) battery version. For each of those there is a grey mix and a white mix. These versions have either grey or white themed status bar notification images (3G, bluetooth connected, silent mode, missed call,speakerphone, and gps on.). The alternative dialer is NOT the full theme rather just the original Blackout dialer look I created for my other two themes. This only includes the phone and dialer apps so if you want this dialer install AFTER installing a full version of Blackout-Blue. The keyboards are NOT flashable and you must have Smart keyboard in order to use. To install Facebook and Power Control remember to UNINSTALL the stock apps first before installing. I worked really hard on this theme so if you enjoy it please consider donating! Finally, on a side note - I haven't forgot about those of you who wanted a Blackout-Orange ;)

What's themed:
All system Frameworks
Dialer, Phone, Contacts
Browser - fully themed
Calculator - fully themed
Camera - fully themed
Camcorder - fully themed
Calender - icon changed
Email - icon changed
Facebook - fully themed
Gallery - fully themed
Gmail - partially themed (some images, font colors, app icon)
Google search - fully themed (Including widget)
Market - Fully themed (inverted with blue mix)
Music - Fully themed (Including widget)
Messaging - fully themed (including widget)
Power Control - Fully themed widget
Settings - fully themed
Talk- Partially themed (App icon)
Youtube - Partially themed (App icon and widget)

Screenshots

Circle Battery (Grey mix shown)

Horizontal Battery (White mix shown)

Status Bar

Dialer

Recent Calls

Incoming call

Settings

Volume Sliders

Volume and Popup Boxes

Market

Gallery

Calculator

Gmail

Google Search

Music

Icons themed

Widgets themed

Power Control Widget

Facebook

Alternative Dialer

White keys keyboard

Blue keys keyboard

I am not responsible for anything this does to your phone. Download at your own risk. Always make a backup first!

Installation Instructions (For full theme versions and Alternative dialer)
1. Download theme and save to SD card
2. Boot into Clockwork Recovery
3. Select downloaded theme and install
4. Reboot

For Facebook and Power Widget uninstall stock apps first then install the themed versions.

Download Links:
Circle Battery Version:
Grey Mix - Download
White Mix - Download

Horizontal Battery Version:
Grey Mix - Download
White Mix - Download

Extras
Themed Facebook - Download
Themed Power Control - Download
Alternative Dialer - Download
Blue keys Smart Keyboard - Download
White keys Smart Keyboard - Download
Goodies - Download

Credits
All wallpapers are from Fliki Wallpapers HD

Hope you guys like it and please let me know of any mistakes or critiques :)

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
stealthychief said:
Extract the goodies and you're good to go

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Ok that sounds good. Any idea why I'm getting that error though? I thought you couldnt use CWR on Liberty so I'm just booting into stock recovery from Liberty. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:

Got it! I chose recovery from Liberty reboot options. Guess it should have been bootstrapper!

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice ! Yeah bootstrap recovery is what u need to be using. I use the Droid x version cause I could never get the d2 version working with USB debugging enabled.

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
It looks very nice! I took a screenshot with drocap but the forum app wouldnt let me upload it. Said it was too big. My only question is, will Facebook sync pictures to my contacts? And it looks like now txt messages are coming twice.

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sefirosu said:
It looks very nice! I took a screenshot with drocap but the forum app wouldnt let me upload it. Said it was too big. My only question is, will Facebook sync pictures to my contacts? And it looks like now txt messages are coming twice.
Upload it to imageshack or a image uploading site. Fb should sync contacts. And do you use another messaging apparently besides the stock one ?

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
"stealthychief said:
Upload it to imageshack or a image uploading site. Fb should sync contacts. And do you use another messaging apparently besides the stock one ?

I use handcent. I ended up going into liberty customizer and installed aosp messaging, did a reboot and that fixed it. I'm loving this theme. My navigation would always dim in and out with. .09 but now it works great!

Little screen shot.

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
Whats the name of the original power control widget? I can't find it in root explorer. I'm looking in /system/app.

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not in the system/app folder because you it's just the free Power Widget you can download from the market so If you had it installed before it will be in data/app.

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
Ok so I tried MIUI and I don't like it one bit. I made a backup of Liberty with your theme yesterday. I know I will have to SBF back to froyo. From there, what is the best way to load rgar backup again? Or can I just boot into recovery and install the backup?

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think after you sbf you need to re-root, then flash the gingerbread rooted 596 (I believe it's originally from droidworld) then wipe data and flash liberty gb v9 then Blackout-Blue. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
Ok I'll try to figure it out. I'll get there eventually. I always start with .588 then .596 on top. From there I'll install Liberty and then restore the backup. Hopefully that works.

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sefirosu said:
Ok I'll try to figure it out. I'll get there eventually. I always start with .588 then .596 on top. From there I'll install Liberty and then restore the backup. Hopefully that works.
Yeah that should. Just curious, what didn't you like about MIUI? I was thinking about trying it cause it looks really interesting and def very different.

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
And now no matter what, I don't have a blue 3g icon anymore. I can't even sign into google. I think Im in a bad spot.

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sefirosu said:
And now no matter what, I don't have a blue 3g icon anymore. I can't even sign into google. I think Im in a bad spot.
Yeah probably so. Have you already tried *228? That has fixed my problems with 3G in the past everytime.

·
Supporting Member
915 Posts
I tried it and no luck Ive spent the last two days restoring and trying to get this right. I'm on Liberty .9 now but I can't flash your theme. When I go into the new toolbox and choose the reboot into recovery option, it just does a normal boot. I don't know what to do now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts