Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Blackout-Green
Liberty Gingerbread v0.8 and Apex RC2

This is my first released theme so please let me know on things that can be improved/changed. There are two versions: a circle battery version and a vertical battery (stock battery) version. I also included some goodies that have green/black wallpapers as well as themed dock icons (16 total). Feel free me to pm for comments, questions, or requests. I plan on adding a lot more to this theme so check back for updates(Post #2). Thanks for downloading and enjoy!

Apps Themed:

Framework-res.apk
SystemUI.apk
moto-res.pak
blur-res.apk
Phone
Dialer
Contacts
Calculator

Circle Battery Version:

By stealthychief at 2011-06-17

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By stealthychief at 2011-06-14

By stealthychief at 2011-06-14

Stock battery version:

I'm still working on theming some other apps. Here's a list of some I will probably release with future updates:

• Google Search (COMPLETED - SEE POST #2)
  • Market (COMPLETED - SEE POST #2)
  • Swype
  • Gmail
Installation instructions
  • Download selected version from links below
  • Save to SD card
  • Boot into Clockwork Recovery
  • Select downloaded theme
  • Reboot
For Green goodies.zip just unzip on your computer and transfer files over to SD card.

*Disclaimer*

I am not responsible for anything this does to your phone. Download at your own risk. Always make a backup first!

Download Links - Green Goodies
green goodies.zip

Download Links - Liberty v0.8
Blackout Green Circle batt.zip
Blackout Green stock batt.zip

Download Links - Apex RC2
Circle battery version
Stock battery version

Download Links - Stock 596 Gingerbread
Circle battery version
Stock battery version

Credits

• Circle battery icons are from the the custom liberty theme by mr_brady. Thank you to him for allowing me to use him!
  • Thanks to Juiceman for letting me use some of his framework images from his Blackjuice Green Ginger Theme!
  • Inspiration for the status bar pulldown bottom image came from NatemZ's RedX theme. I started from scratch on this image in PS and made my own edits (brush strokes, layer effects, etc.) to make my own edited version for this theme.
  • The wallpapers were all taken from Fliki wallpapers (separate download in green goodies.zip)
  • The keyboard is a skin for Smart Keyboard Pro called 3dKey (NOT included in theme)
  • The clock is a mod I did between Dusk and Gingerdroid New from fancy widget(NOT included in theme)

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Optional Updates - ONLY FOR LIBERTY GINGERBREAD v0.8 and v0.9 (Except for keyboards)

NOTE - These downloads do not include the full theme,rather just the pieces that I have changed/updated for the theme. Install using Clockwork Recovery(unless otherwise noted) and install after installing Blackout-Green theme.

Update 7/7: Market update

Here's a Green/black market for you guys. Hope you like it!
Market update - Download

Update 6/27: Framework update
Updated several images in the theme's framework to better match the theme. The updates include:
Green search button (black pressed), green alarm notification icon, green progress bars (black and white originally), green usb notification, and green Bluetooth connected icon. Be aware that flashing this update will wipe out any customizations youv'e done to your framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk. There's two versions - one for each of the different battery types (circle or stock). Finally, thank you to those of you who pointed some of these out to me!
Stock battery framework update - download
Circle battery framework update - download

Update 6/24: -Contacts
Just found a small bug in the theme...In both versions of the theme I have incorrectly named Contacts.apk to Contacts .apk (notice the space between the "s" and ".". This has caused my themed contacts not to overwrite the correctly named Liberty Contacts.apk. You can easily fix this yourself by using Root explorer going to system>apps>contacts. All you would need to do is delete the Liberty Contacts.apk and edit my Contacts .apk by deleting the extra space in the "Contacts .apk".Some people may not want this update because they like the inverted "Most recent call section" (dialer) and inverted contacts section so it's up to you if you want this or not. My themed version is NOT an inverted contacts section and Most recent call and has the black/green android pics for all contacts in Contacts section (instead of grey pics). Here's a flashable contacts.apk update:
Contacts update - download

Update: 6/22- Keyboards
Completed two Smart Keyboard skins available to download. One has white mod keys (alt, Go, Numbers key) and the other has green mod keys. All key press colors are green as seen in the screenshot. DON'T FLASH THESE ZIPS IN RECOVERY! You must have Smart Keyboard to use these keyboards. If your'e unfamiliar with how to install these skins go
here.

If you have any requests for others shoot me a pm. Hope you guys like them!
Green Keys Download from Market

Green/White Keys Download from Market

Screenshots of Keyboards - click here

Update: 6/20 - Google Search
Completed Google Search to match the theme (See images below). I left some white in there cause sometimes all the green can be a little too much. Install using recovery AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP INCASE ANYTHING GOES WRONG. I think I'll start on making a keyboard/swype next since that seems to a big thing missing from the theme.

Google Search - download

Update: 6/18 - End call button

Added a green end call button during an active call to better match the theme. I also have two versions of this one with a white icon and one with a black icon (see attached images).
White Icon - download
Black Icon - download

Attachments

·
Average Android
149 Posts
Looks great. I just flashed apex for the first time last night and I think this will go great with it. Thank you for the theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
301 Posts
gonna flash this when my droid x gets here tomorrow. Gonna use it on deodexed .596 Looks sweet.

·
Theme Developer
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure. Probably so since I don't think anything is different. Btw I'm going to start working on an update for this theme very soon and I'll def be posting it up here...though it will probably be on Liberty and CM7 to start of with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts