Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
so i am using a fascinate and the theme gets rid of my option to turn off the status bar for some reason. any ideas on how to fix that on build 28?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It was compiled from Nexus framework. I'm sure there are significant differences to both framework and systemUI for the fascinate build. I guess this was intended for the Galaxy Nexus, but if that's the only issue with the Fascinate I'm very surprised lol. Glad everything else works though.
ya. every thing else works. its awesome. :)
would there be a way to remove that from the theme? i dont mind the nav bar but it would be nice for the option.
and now I am going to try it on build 29. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, you could remove the framework from the zip and keep yours, but you lose 75% of the theme lol. I can't think of anything i wrote that would possibly have any effect on screen_wake_activity though.
could i edit it out of the framework? i have no experience but have been reading up on how to do it recently because i want to eventually get to theming and then actually developing. there has to be a way to edit out a hard coded nav bar right?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I will be honest..Totally almost creamed myself after seeing those screenies..Been running ICS since decemberish and I'm kinda burned out on the bland blue now. Unfortunately I'm on a variant of the Galaxy S (showcase) and do worry I'd have the same issues as sheradrax so I may hold off on it. But just thought I'd drop in to let you know that this theme is SIK!! lol hopefully if someone requests to port it, you won't put up a fight cuz I need this theme haha
the only problem is the hard coded nav bar. you should give it a try if you dont mind that. im on the bastard child of the galaxy s, the fascinate. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a Vibrant running ICZen which is AOKP b28 based. I have no need for the Nav bar. I modified the framework-res.apk. Now in Rom Control it gives you the option to enable or disable the Nav Bar. At least on my Vib.

Here's the modified CWM with the changed framework. http://dl.dropbox.co...1b28_no_nav.zip

I hope other Galaxy S devices can use it.
ill try it on the fascinate.

update: it works for me and sms isnt borked on build 28. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts