Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Ok, time to consolidate all teh Elegance stuff into one thread. All builds include a free and donate version. There is no difference :) Legacy zip themes for older AOKP builds are still available on my Goo-IM site here

Emerald Elegance is in post 1
Ruby Elegance is in post 2
future Elegance themes will be posted in the thread and linked here.

Emerald Elegance:
https://play.google....emeraldelegance

Emerald Elegance free (exact same)

Dark Elegance
Dark Elegance free and donate

Emerald Elegance addons- flash these in recovery.
MMS (download):

Calendar:http://www.mediafire...c49jv89543wecjn

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could i please get a irror for b28. orange is just what i have been looking for.
Sure thing- i'm actually in the middle of applying for Goo-IM hosting right now and hopefully that will solve all my hosting headaches. I'll mirror from my dropbox for now- give me 2 minutes.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i am using a fascinate and the theme gets rid of my option to turn off the status bar for some reason. any ideas on how to fix that on build 28?
It was compiled from Nexus framework. I'm sure there are significant differences to both framework and systemUI for the fascinate build. I guess this was intended for the Galaxy Nexus, but if that's the only issue with the Fascinate I'm very surprised lol. Glad everything else works though.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strange thing happening. I have a hard time believing this ROM caused it but it seems like the common denominator...

I was running AOKP29 all day yesterday no problem, then I installed this theme (which looks great btw) and once installed I would set my phone down with the screen off (sleep mode) and it would randomly turn on. I reflashed b29 w/ gapps and everything is back to normal, no random screen wakes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using RootzWiki
Never seen/heard about that before. Of course, b29 is considered a test build, so little quirks like that are more common. If i get any more reports of that, i'll investigate.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, you could remove the framework from the zip and keep yours, but you lose 75% of the theme lol. I can't think of anything i wrote that would possibly have any effect on screen_wake_activity though.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Hey thanks man- hopefully this will help others wanting to port my theme to their framework.

FYI anybody is welcome to port this, all i ask is credit in the OP for the original mod and a link here please :)

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Would someone mind pming me the hex for the orange, please and thank you!
#fd9000. Green is #003e00

And if you'd like to completely remove your nav bar, just edit the bools.xml in framework-res res/values/Bools.xml and turn the <show navigation bar to "false"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Appreciate the help Art! Nave bar didn't bother me too much because I could decrease its height in settings but I did learn that it breaks our mms.apk after flashing because messages wont receive..I figured it had to do with the mms-config XML being different and swapped it out to no avail..when I get some free time I'm gonna play with it so your name can be known by all galaxy users on aokp :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Nice man- port away! My suggestion for mms is to theme the original mms from your phone- that will solve all your config issues. If you send it to me, and it's remotely similar, i can have it themed in about 30 min. (when i get around to it lol)

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just wondering if the icons were themed or not. When I flashed the theme, only my SMS icon was themed and I'm not sure if it's because I did wrong or they're not themed.
You are correct, for now. I've had a fellow talented themer do all my system icons, and they will all be integrated into the next release, which will be soon after b30.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So I'm new to all this and after reading this thread it sounds as though I will have sms troubles after flashing this theme to my AOKP b29 powered Mesmerize is this true or am I missing something. I have the zip in the OP ready to go ('cause it looks sweet) but don't want to cause problems as everything is working and running very smoothly. I guess my real question should be will this work at all on my Mesmerize?
If you're concerned about MMS, sinple place my zip on your desktop, right click, and use 7 zip to open the archive (open-do not extract), navigate to /system/app and delete the mms.apk inside. Then close 7 zip. Now copy it to your phone and flash. This will keep your current mms.apk and theme everything else.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words and suggestions. I'm experimenting with different color schemes, but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. In the mean time, i'm still tweaking and adding features to the current one.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
flashed this theme now stuck in recovery screen need a little help anybody.
Need some info. What aokp version are you on and what version did you flash? Dis you wipe cache and dalvik cache?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
AOKP b29, gapps 2012317, CM9-fascinatemtd-Glitch-V14-B6 and flashed your version for build 29 and yes did wipe both caches
I've had reports from other fascinate users, and all of them seem to agree that everything works except mms, and the icons are a tad large. (since fascinate is a hdpi device, and nexus is xhdpi) One thing i see is that you are running a CM9 kernel with an AOKP rom, and while it may run ok stock, replacing system apps (aka themes) might cause something odd to occur. I would recommend doing a complete wipe, then installing aokp, gapps, reboot and set-up, then back to recovery to install theme while keeping the stock AOSP kernel for testing.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hey bud really digging the theme I'm running it on Aokp29 with the Gnex. Only thing I've seen is when I get a call the pull ring to answer is below the screen.
Yeah, Nitroz and I were talking about that recently. It will be fixed in the next update- probably happened during the 4.0.4 port.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes sir thanks for the help I odin'd back to bone stock gb 2.3.4 then re-flashed back to the way I had it and all is good now. Just don't have your orange theme. As I am new here and know just enough to screw something up and not enough to really know anything I usually just follow the experts posted instructions. So I can keep my AOKP b29(cause I like it) and gapps I have, just like my phone is running, only use a stock aosp kernal instead of the cm9 glitch one. Also, I suppose now is probably a little to late to tell you I am on a Mesmerize and not a fascinate. Will this stock kernal support the aokp b29?
All AOKP builds come bundled with the stock AOSP kernel. Keep in mind that this mod is technically only designed for the Galaxy Nexus, so that's really the extent of my immediate knowledge about why something works or not. If i were you, I'd do a nandroid backup, then install my theme before doing any other mods after flashing rom and gapps. If it doesn't work, then i'm out of ideas lol.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts