Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 450 Posts
I have a Vibrant running ICZen which is AOKP b28 based. I have no need for the Nav bar. I modified the framework-res.apk. Now in Rom Control it gives you the option to enable or disable the Nav Bar. At least on my Vib.

Here's the modified CWM with the changed framework. http://dl.dropbox.co...1b28_no_nav.zip

I hope other Galaxy S devices can use it.
ill try it on the fascinate.

update: it works for me and sms isnt borked on build 28. :)

I was on build 28. It probably will break M4 or B29.

Would someone mind pming me the hex for the orange, please and thank you!
#fd9000. Green is #003e00

And if you'd like to completely remove your nav bar, just edit the bools.xml in framework-res res/values/Bools.xml and turn the <show navigation bar to "false"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Appreciate the help Art! Nave bar didn't bother me too much because I could decrease its height in settings but I did learn that it breaks our mms.apk after flashing because messages wont receive..I figured it had to do with the mms-config XML being different and swapped it out to no avail..when I get some free time I'm gonna play with it so your name can be known by all galaxy users on aokp :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Appreciate the help Art! Nave bar didn't bother me too much because I could decrease its height in settings but I did learn that it breaks our mms.apk after flashing because messages wont receive..I figured it had to do with the mms-config XML being different and swapped it out to no avail..when I get some free time I'm gonna play with it so your name can be known by all galaxy users on aokp :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Nice man- port away! My suggestion for mms is to theme the original mms from your phone- that will solve all your config issues. If you send it to me, and it's remotely similar, i can have it themed in about 30 min. (when i get around to it lol)

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Just wondering if the icons were themed or not. When I flashed the theme, only my SMS icon was themed and I'm not sure if it's because I did wrong or they're not themed.
You are correct, for now. I've had a fellow talented themer do all my system icons, and they will all be integrated into the next release, which will be soon after b30.

So I'm new to all this and after reading this thread it sounds as though I will have sms troubles after flashing this theme to my AOKP b29 powered Mesmerize is this true or am I missing something. I have the zip in the OP ready to go ('cause it looks sweet) but don't want to cause problems as everything is working and running very smoothly. I guess my real question should be will this work at all on my Mesmerize?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
So I'm new to all this and after reading this thread it sounds as though I will have sms troubles after flashing this theme to my AOKP b29 powered Mesmerize is this true or am I missing something. I have the zip in the OP ready to go ('cause it looks sweet) but don't want to cause problems as everything is working and running very smoothly. I guess my real question should be will this work at all on my Mesmerize?
If you're concerned about MMS, sinple place my zip on your desktop, right click, and use 7 zip to open the archive (open-do not extract), navigate to /system/app and delete the mms.apk inside. Then close 7 zip. Now copy it to your phone and flash. This will keep your current mms.apk and theme everything else.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words and suggestions. I'm experimenting with different color schemes, but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. In the mean time, i'm still tweaking and adding features to the current one.

21 - 40 of 450 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.