Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 450 Posts
AOKP b29, gapps 2012317, CM9-fascinatemtd-Glitch-V14-B6 and flashed your version for build 29 and yes did wipe both caches
I've had reports from other fascinate users, and all of them seem to agree that everything works except mms, and the icons are a tad large. (since fascinate is a hdpi device, and nexus is xhdpi) One thing i see is that you are running a CM9 kernel with an AOKP rom, and while it may run ok stock, replacing system apps (aka themes) might cause something odd to occur. I would recommend doing a complete wipe, then installing aokp, gapps, reboot and set-up, then back to recovery to install theme while keeping the stock AOSP kernel for testing.

I was looking for an orange and black theme to make my nexus Flyers colors. This has a little class added to that. I like it. Thanks for the hard work!

I've had reports from other fascinate users, and all of them seem to agree that everything works except mms, and the icons are a tad large. (since fascinate is a hdpi device, and nexus is xhdpi) One thing i see is that you are running a CM9 kernel with an AOKP rom, and while it may run ok stock, replacing system apps (aka themes) might cause something odd to occur. I would recommend doing a complete wipe, then installing aokp, gapps, reboot and set-up, then back to recovery to install theme while keeping the stock AOSP kernel for testing.
Yes sir thanks for the help I odin'd back to bone stock gb 2.3.4 then re-flashed back to the way I had it and all is good now. Just don't have your orange theme. As I am new here and know just enough to screw something up and not enough to really know anything I usually just follow the experts posted instructions. So I can keep my AOKP b29(cause I like it) and gapps I have now, just like my phone is running, only use a stock aosp kernal instead of the cm9 glitch one. Also, I suppose now is probably a little to late to tell you I am on a Mesmerize and not a fascinate. Will this stock kernal support the aokp b29?

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Yes sir thanks for the help I odin'd back to bone stock gb 2.3.4 then re-flashed back to the way I had it and all is good now. Just don't have your orange theme. As I am new here and know just enough to screw something up and not enough to really know anything I usually just follow the experts posted instructions. So I can keep my AOKP b29(cause I like it) and gapps I have, just like my phone is running, only use a stock aosp kernal instead of the cm9 glitch one. Also, I suppose now is probably a little to late to tell you I am on a Mesmerize and not a fascinate. Will this stock kernal support the aokp b29?
All AOKP builds come bundled with the stock AOSP kernel. Keep in mind that this mod is technically only designed for the Galaxy Nexus, so that's really the extent of my immediate knowledge about why something works or not. If i were you, I'd do a nandroid backup, then install my theme before doing any other mods after flashing rom and gapps. If it doesn't work, then i'm out of ideas lol.

This looks great! I tried to download like 10 times and i think the link is broken can someone please post a mirror? Thanks
All files are hosted by goo-im. There shouldn't be any issues- anybody else having trouble?Edit goo said on twitter they were having issues with download, but everything should be fixed now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

can you help with this issue? first time I have ever seen this. any idea what is causing it and how to fix it? This is on AOKP B29. thank you
I just fixed that issue yesterday, and it will be included in the b30 release. (also got rid of that horribly low res photo that snuck in there somehow) If it's vitally important to you, PM me and i'll give you instructions on how to replace that one aspect.

Attachments

Love your work...even changed ROMS just so I could use it. However, I suddenly got stuck in an endless bootloop and had to restore previous ROM :). I think I will wait until build 30 and your update is available. Meanwhile are you willing to post the green cross-hatched image or wall that is used in the settings picture and behind the dialpad in the OP? I would like to use it on my lockscreen. If you can't/won't I certainly understand.

Thank you.

41 - 60 of 450 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.