Android OS Forum banner

[Theme Chooser] Elegance Themes (Emerald, Ruby, and Dark Elegance so far)

110K views 449 replies 79 participants last post by  Ursus 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, time to consolidate all teh Elegance stuff into one thread. All builds include a free and donate version. There is no difference :) Legacy zip themes for older AOKP builds are still available on my Goo-IM site here

Emerald Elegance is in post 1
Ruby Elegance is in post 2
future Elegance themes will be posted in the thread and linked here.

Emerald Elegance:
https://play.google....emeraldelegance

Emerald Elegance free (exact same)

Dark Elegance
Dark Elegance free and donate

Emerald Elegance addons- flash these in recovery.
MMS (download):

Calendar:http://www.mediafire...c49jv89543wecjn

See less See more
#9 ·
It was compiled from Nexus framework. I'm sure there are significant differences to both framework and systemUI for the fascinate build. I guess this was intended for the Galaxy Nexus, but if that's the only issue with the Fascinate I'm very surprised lol. Glad everything else works though.

#10 ·
i'm impressed! that settings and pulldown looks NOI-YEEECE! :)

thanks,
rf

#11 ·
Strange thing happening. I have a hard time believing this ROM caused it but it seems like the common denominator...

I was running AOKP29 all day yesterday no problem, then I installed this theme (which looks great btw) and once installed I would set my phone down with the screen off (sleep mode) and it would randomly turn on. I reflashed b29 w/ gapps and everything is back to normal, no random screen wakes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using RootzWiki

#15 ·
I will be honest..Totally almost creamed myself after seeing those screenies..Been running ICS since decemberish and I'm kinda burned out on the bland blue now. Unfortunately I'm on a variant of the Galaxy S (showcase) and do worry I'd have the same issues as sheradrax so I may hold off on it. But just thought I'd drop in to let you know that this theme is SIK!! lol hopefully if someone requests to port it, you won't put up a fight cuz I need this theme haha

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Vibrant running ICZen which is AOKP b28 based. I have no need for the Nav bar. I modified the framework-res.apk. Now in Rom Control it gives you the option to enable or disable the Nav Bar. At least on my Vib.

Here's the modified CWM with the changed framework. http://dl.dropbox.co...1b28_no_nav.zip

I hope other Galaxy S devices can use it.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Vibrant running ICZen which is AOKP b28 based. I have no need for the Nav bar. I modified the framework-res.apk. Now in Rom Control it gives you the option to enable or disable the Nav Bar. At least on my Vib.

Here's the modified CWM with the changed framework. http://dl.dropbox.co...1b28_no_nav.zip

I hope other Galaxy S devices can use it.
ill try it on the fascinate.

update: it works for me and sms isnt borked on build 28. :)

#29 ·
Appreciate the help Art! Nave bar didn't bother me too much because I could decrease its height in settings but I did learn that it breaks our mms.apk after flashing because messages wont receive..I figured it had to do with the mms-config XML being different and swapped it out to no avail..when I get some free time I'm gonna play with it so your name can be known by all galaxy users on aokp :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

#34 ·
So I'm new to all this and after reading this thread it sounds as though I will have sms troubles after flashing this theme to my AOKP b29 powered Mesmerize is this true or am I missing something. I have the zip in the OP ready to go ('cause it looks sweet) but don't want to cause problems as everything is working and running very smoothly. I guess my real question should be will this work at all on my Mesmerize?

#35 ·
If you're concerned about MMS, sinple place my zip on your desktop, right click, and use 7 zip to open the archive (open-do not extract), navigate to /system/app and delete the mms.apk inside. Then close 7 zip. Now copy it to your phone and flash. This will keep your current mms.apk and theme everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.