Android OS Forum banner
381 - 400 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to be such a pain, but I've noticed the bubble MMS zip seems to be of the persistent type. I switch between two or three themes (can't commit to just one) and the bubbles don't always fit with a different theme.

To remove it, I install the MMS apk directly from my ROM's zip, and that gets rid of it.....until a reboot. Then it comes back.

My question is, do you think you could possibly come up with some sort of "undo zip?"

p.s. I'm testing the updated theme now, since I finally have the chance to pick it up. I'll let you know if there's anything else I find. Thanks again!

This is my signature from a mobile device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Because why not, I downloaded and applied the theme before a reboot, and it came out kinda strange... A reboot, apply system theme, then apply SSD again...fixed.

This is what I saw first, before the reboot...
Light Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

Applying the theme after that, lead me to this:
White Light Product Communication Device Gadget

And finally, I don't know if you found anything on the browser check boxes, but they still seem yo be missing on the stock browser on CM9. Shown below under the username box on the xda forum login area:
Font Screenshot Software Electronic device Communication Device

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Because why not, I downloaded and applied the theme before a reboot, and it came out kinda strange... A reboot, apply system theme, then apply SSD again...fixed.

This is what I saw first, before the reboot...
View attachment 30182

Applying the theme after that, lead me to this:
View attachment 30183

And finally, I don't know if you found anything on the browser check boxes, but they still seem yo be missing on the stock browser on CM9. Shown below under the username box on the xda forum login area:
View attachment 30184

First, I added a MMS undo to the OP, heres an additional link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82778378/MMS_UNDO.zip

Its CM10. Should work with any rom.

On to your questions/issues. Often a reboot fixes almost everything with the theme engine. A lot of the times you get image overlays in the wrong spots. This is not my themes doing this, but just a glitch in the way the theme engine works. This is why you saw a bubble icon instead of the theme preview image. during testing, I apply on average like 50 themes a day. Theres so many glitches its not even funny. A reboot always fixes the issues. Heres some tips if you dont want to reboot but want to make sure the theme engine gets everything to take..

once you apply the theme. restart your home. whatever it may be.. Novalauncher, Apex ect..
Close all open apps. Doing this via the native taskmanager works almost every time.

And for the checkmarks.. I honestly just forgot to take a look at that on the latest update. So, ill make sure that gets taken care of on my next update.

Just remember, when in doubt, reboot.. if there is still an issue, then odds are its something I did wrong =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I figured the reboot would fix it, I just wanted to point it out just in case anyone else had a similar issue. It's no reason to worry. lol

Thanks for the undo!

And thanks again for taking a look into the checkmarks issue. I'm not sure if it applies to any other browsers (dolphin, chrome, etc) but They're definitely not there on the stock one. I'll look into dolphin and see if they show up at all. Chrome takes up too much space on my phone.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
Just saw this. Rebooted twice already. Using ParanoidAndroid 1.98 on my Epic 4G(not the touch). Not a big deal, since i dont think im sticking to that rom for too long anyways, just thought id report.
thats an ez fix. tablet Gmail images are a different name then normal gmail. those images are only in the tablet files, I added them to the hdpi and xhdpi files now, so in the next update that should be resolved. in case you want to go back to that rom =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats an ez fix. tablet Gmail images are a different name then normal gmail. those images are only in the tablet files, I added them to the hdpi and xhdpi files now, so in the next update that should be resolved. in case you want to go back to that rom =)
Awesome, cant wait. :)
How difficult do you think it would be for me, a noob looking into starting theming, to switch handcents default notification icon with the sms animation icon your theme comes with?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
Awesome, cant wait. :)
How difficult do you think it would be for me, a noob looking into starting theming, to switch handcents default notification icon with the sms animation icon your theme comes with?
pretty hard =) I could toy with it and see what there is to see. Sorry I've been mia that last few days. I kind of tripped Monday night and found a nice brick wall to slow down my fall lol. I almost posted a pick but it might be just a little to graphic =)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
14 Posts
pretty hard =) I could toy with it and see what there is to see. Sorry I've been mia that last few days. I kind of tripped Monday night and found a nice brick wall to slow down my fall lol. I almost posted a pick but it might be just a little to graphic =)

I'm gonna give your mms.apk a try, it looks pretty snazzy. But any help would be very appreciated. Sorry to hear that, brick walls are pretty savage things.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
This is the purple ssd I've been toying with. Its pretty much finished. Also should have a pretty nice update for the inverted themes in a few days as soon as I figure out a few more tweaks.

http://db.tt/HWkkBKEc

Try out ssdpurple and tell me what you think. Its a little different then the normal ssd style. Two shades of purple

·
Registered
14 Posts

I may not love the color too much, but the theme is sweeeet. And I'm loving the themed play store! Also the signal icons, that's what I always wanted the SSD red to be like. Another great version of the perfect theme.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·

I may not love the color too much, but the theme is sweeeet. And I'm loving the themed play store! Also the signal icons, that's what I always wanted the SSD red to be like. Another great version of the perfect theme.
I was going to ask if all of you liked this direction more (more color) or keep it the same with a more dominate black and white.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know if this is something intentional or not, but i noticed that when i flashed the themed bubble mms, the expanded view of picture messages and the call option on the notification pulldown went away. Its still there for everything else as you can see in the second attachment, just not for texts.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
I dont know if this is something intentional or not, but i noticed that when i flashed the themed bubble mms, the expanded view of picture messages and the call option on the notification pulldown went away. Its still there for everything else as you can see in the second attachment, just not for texts.
that's because it's an old app. It needs to be updated to jelly bean.

381 - 400 of 424 Posts