Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
the pYrple rabbYt: dark & sexy pleasures await

all downloads are at the bottom

i'm not a themer and am usually testing for project elite, but nicoleNXD asked me to port this over, which resulted in me spending weeks of working non-stop and learning ICS. I'M SICK OF BLUE AND ORANGE, so they're mostly gone and thin progress bars are universal.

known issues:
- browser highlights are still blue and some in settings.apk. if you know how to fix this, please holler at me.
- find 'em and tell me! it keeps me going so if you like something, say something

standard disclaimer:
you're responsible for what you choose to do with your phone. please, take appropriate precautions if you're going to flash anything, including, but not limited to, making a backup, reading, asking questions, educating yourself, etc.

thank you:

speedy_tun (my partner in this): his support at all hours and porting this over to HDPI
alastrionia & b-boy: you two are an inspiration to the community. thank you for all your help!
travp624: inverted apps. either i've used his apps, with permission, or drawn inspiration from them.
masturmynd: nav and battery images and themers collaboration thread.
killabyte: for his mms tutorial
xeudoxus and haxzamatic: the rakim & big daddy kane of the D1
brut.all: where would we be without apktool?
google: thanks for the toys!
nicoleNXD: getting me off my butt, testing, and suggestions for this theme.
my wife: she came up with theme name and is a polka star in every way.

if you want to borrow, please give credit where it's due.

theme includes:
- framework-res
- browser
- camera
- deskclock
- gallery
- geniewidget
- gmail
- googlequicksearch
- latinime
- mms
- music
- quicksearchbox
- settings
- systemUI
- launcher
- youtube
- phone & contacts
- pandora
- google play store
- amazon mp3
- facebook
- twitter
- tapatalk
- voxer
- nova launcher
- apex launcher
- and dozens more!

keyboards:
- latinIME
- swype

downloads:
- theme chooser apk

- the color i used for all my text is #ff8c00ff, #ff673298 matches the glow.
- wallpaper pack (credit to the artists)
- pulldown pack
- more wallpapers

hope you enjoy this beta theme and have a beautiful day!

-rf

ps. thread from CDMA GNex section

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]if you'd like to port this to another ROM, or just like looking at the work of others, the XMLs are below. you can hit that like button if you want to spread the love![/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]now, you can't just copy, paste, and compile as each rom is different (especially framework, systemUI, and settings) but this should make your job A LOT easier.[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]hope it helps somebody![/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]warmest,[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]rf[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]ps hopefully somebody can lend a hand on that browser blue highlighting. one of the music sound effects is also blue.thanks! [/background]

Attachments

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
(reserved for future updates)

·
2,348 Posts
Results: Great graphics (though the Honeycomb icons aren't really my thing, but the rest looks good)

I happen to like the purple color scheme, and I like that you got rid of the holo blue and that ugly Touchwiz-like gradient background. I also like how you nixed the gray in the the popup menus.

One problem though: Gmail force-closed immediately on startup on my phone and none of the other gapps came up inverted (the gapps I had previously installed might have been newer, which could explain the issue I had).

Overall, great work :D

Terminators run on Android...

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
for some reason, the last time i compiled, the same thing happened to me for gmail. you just need to wipe the data for gmail then open it back up. i'll update the op. thanks!

as for inverts, was contacts, phone, and mms not inverted? those are the only ones that should be. i can theme others if anybody requests.

nicole said the same thing about the signal icons, but i haven't found any i like yet. suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

thanks for the feedback!

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bad, sry....Theme available only for toro

Any chance to see it one day with maguro ?
sorry, not by me as i'd be be doing it blindly. i've included all of the XML files i use so porting this would be easy for anybody who can use apktool and a theme porter. i'm not even sure this will make it to build 29, since i usually only test for project elite. sorry

warmest regards,
rf

·
Registered
959 Posts
will this get updated to b29 or are you waiting for b30? My brother just found this and loves it for his nexus and upgrading to the 4.0.4 is a big thing as well. Please update it! :D

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was going to wait until b30 when they get the calendar on lockscreen our of the hard code and to XML.

pachanka, maybe i can put this out for maguro if you don't mind testing. that'd be for b30, though.

hey guys, thanks for the support. i know that purple is love/hate and just getting some feedback really is motivating, since i often feel like i'm the only one that uses it :)

warmest regards,
rf

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
please tell me your updating to 30!!!?
i just noticed that AOKP30 is up as i've been busy testing project elite so just for you-- since nobody else is using this
-- i'm doing it right now. hoping to have it up tonight.

port time,
rf

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just noticed that AOKP30 is up as i've been busy testing project elite so just for you-- since nobody else is using this -- i'm doing it right now. hoping to have it up tonight.

port time,
rf
I'm stoked for the outcome. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
this took all night and all morning due to technical complications, however, what you want you got it:

OP is updated with the latest for AOKP30. wipe data for gmail.

post screenies! i want to know how other people set their pYrple rabbYt up :)

enjoy,
rf

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 167 Posts