Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rƹcoǥɲɨƶƹd Ʈɦƹmƹr & SEO Specialist
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take no credit for this...
I got the Eclipse Project from Roman (He's the man) so thank him :)
Anyways, open the project and rename the theme, title, owner,developer, blah, blah, the whole bit.
You can edit the xml's in Eclipse. (numerous PM's on this :android-smile: ). Throw your theme images in and sign with your keystore.

CM7-Template
 

·
Themer
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
I'm assuming this is only for linux still right. Cause it never works in windows 7
 

·
Rƹcoǥɲɨƶƹd Ʈɦƹmƹr & SEO Specialist
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what type of error are you getting?
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
161 Posts
Annex said:
what type of error are you getting?
This compiles, and I've changed everything, The theme name, package name, and author name in the various files within. But when I install i to my phone, it tells me that it was compiled improperly.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi, nice it's what I need, thanks a lot !

But same error, can compile but can't apply (theme not compiled correctly)

anyone for help please ?

thanks in advance
 

·
failure at life
Joined
·
67 Posts
Wuronz said:
Hi, nice it's what I need, thanks a lot !

But same error, can compile but can't apply (theme not compiled correctly)

anyone for help please ?

thanks in advance
Hi,

I think I was the person that actually asked Roman to try and put this together a few months ago, and sadly I never managed to make it work either.

I honestly just gave up, and have been building my own personal theme from the command line on OSX, following most of this old guide on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=942203

If I had to guess, it has something to do with how eclipse compiles the apk. I don't honestly remember anymore (I had double drive failures in july and lost all the original test themes I tried to make with eclipse) but I think it was compiling in source code or something, but when you build via the command line, the apk has no classes.dex file (no actual code.)
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
jocelyn said:
Hi,

I think I was the person that actually asked Roman to try and put this together a few months ago, and sadly I never managed to make it work either.

I honestly just gave up, and have been building my own personal theme from the command line on OSX, following most of this old guide on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=942203

If I had to guess, it has something to do with how eclipse compiles the apk. I don't honestly remember anymore (I had double drive failures in july and lost all the original test themes I tried to make with eclipse) but I think it was compiling in source code or something, but when you build via the command line, the apk has no classes.dex file (no actual code.)
Thanks for reply and themes built with the methof of xda you links remove the errors like "this theme is missing assets / apply anyway / bummer" and "this theme was not compiled correctly" and can be used with hdpi / mdpi devices ?

thanks in advance !!
 

·
failure at life
Joined
·
67 Posts
Wuronz said:
Thanks for reply and themes built with the methof of xda you links remove the errors like "this theme is missing assets / apply anyway / bummer" and "this theme was not compiled correctly" and can be used with hdpi / mdpi devices ?

thanks in advance !!
Hi again,

Compiling from the command line like the XDA thread explains will fix the "not compiled correctly" message, but the only way to fix the "missing mdpi/ldpi/etc. assets" messages is to actually include lower density graphics in the respective /res/drawable-ldpi, /res/drawable-mdpi etc. folders before you compile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I take no credit for this... I got the Eclipse Project from Roman (He's the man) so thank him :) Anyways, open the project and rename the theme, title, owner,developer, blah, blah, the whole bit. You can edit the xml's in Eclipse. (numerous PM's on this :android-smile: ). Throw your theme images in and sign with your keystore. CM7-Template
anyone can reupload ?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top