Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Themers:

So if we did a theme engine app it would probably be rom dependant but what would you like it to handle?

What images and what colors should I be concerned with?

No promises but as a community we should get this going.
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
I try to theme everything seeing as this would be just starting... I'd start with framework and systemui images.. if possible maybe contacts.. keyboard settings.. I'd say those things would take care of all major UI elements

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R u looking for specific XML and images in each respective apk

I would like to provide public API to theme elements that themers commonly theme it will prob take a while but then we could apply without reboots

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
You probably already thought of doing (or have done it), but I would start with pulling the source for the cm7 theme app and make a shortlist of what needs forward ported or added that was not in android 2.3. Avoid reinventing the wheel as much as possible and what not. Assuming this is the type of app you're talking about.

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
Bird have u thought about something like what sourcery does..with a full theme Chooser app

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Do you know where that "Theme Chooser" project is from the video? It looked to be for CM9, but they already have a placeholder stub in the Settings for themes in the nightlies, thought they'd be moving away from a shortcut/app. I'd love to get in on it, at least to keep up with how dev is going.

* NVM, I see it was posted on CM's G+ page last night: https://plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/QHhnqy6kMAb ... sorry bout that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts