Android OS Forum banner
221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here you go guys. Flash the first file in recovery. This fixes spacing of status bar. This is for B38 only of Aokp.

Unzip the second file, and install whatever color of Cobalt you want, then install via theme chooser.

Then you have geezer with cobalt...and you still get to use theme chooser.

Back up as usual just in case.

Flash this first.
https://www.box.com/...bce6195e326d6d2

Unzip these and install like a normal apk.
https://www.box.com/...2cefe48cb2ebd51

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
I used [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]DaFryinAll for b38 to get the weather up in the status bar. For b39 I pulled statusbar.xml from SYSTEMUI.APK from [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]DaFryinAll [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)](7-ZIP) and dropped it in the same apk and it worked for b39. For tried the same for b40 but I get force close SYSTEMUI.APK. Any Ideas appreciated. Thanks for the great mods.[/background]

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]DaFryinAll for b38 to get the weather up in the status bar. For b39 I pulled statusbar.xml from SYSTEMUI.APK from [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]DaFryinAll [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)](7-ZIP) and dropped it in the same apk and it worked for b39. For tried the same for b40 but I get force close SYSTEMUI.APK. Any Ideas appreciated. Thanks for the great mods.[/background]
You can't pull xml files and swap then e without compiling....it may work sometimes, but most of time will not.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
http://teamsbrissenm...ezer_mashup.zip

Also got a little bored with th 1d buttons, so had some fun in gimp and came up with some new ones that grew on me a little.
*pro tip* to get full effect set transparency hex to "00". i.e. #00ffffff. You can play with other transparency and color values to achieve desired effect.
The zip linked above also now includes ROMcontrol.apk to reflect new nav buttons in nav bar options (seen in screen cap above)
Also included the jelly bean animations that translate over to ics.

if you hate what you flashed I always provide an undo zip that includes the same apk's (stock) that are included in my theme. http://teamsbrissenm...theme_reset.zip

good day.

·
Android Lover
1,095 Posts
It would really be awesome if this was transformed into a cm theme engine theme. I miss it running aokp jelly bean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am old and maybe a Geezer.....so bigger icons would be awesome. Using JB AOKP. I find myself outside in bright sun so a color (light blue not so good) that shows up in bright sun as a theme would be great ......along with big icons.

jjw
ND

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
This would be tough as a theme chooser.. i m not sure if the theme chooser app can theme layouts at all.. I make themes and I am 99% sure layouts can not be themed... check out the ssd themes by zathus... instead of changing the layout .. he moved the icons to fit in the signal cluster to achieve a very similar result

·
Android Lover
1,095 Posts
I'm using exodus theme its black n white. So seeing statues bar is easier
I am old and maybe a Geezer.....so bigger icons would be awesome. Using JB AOKP. I find myself outside in bright sun so a color (light blue not so good) that shows up in bright sun as a theme would be great ......along with big icons.

jjw
ND

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
This would be tough as a theme chooser.. i m not sure if the theme chooser app can theme layouts at all.. I make themes and I am 99% sure layouts can not be themed... check out the ssd themes by zathus... instead of changing the layout .. he moved the icons to fit in the signal cluster to achieve a very similar result

You are correct. Theme engine can't change layouts. I had actually planned on putting an alternative Layout choice into the ROM just to support this, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
The idea of doing it with image sizes is freakin' brilliant. It's one of those 'Duh' moments for me :)

I do hope to make Old Geezers (or something similar to it) into a theme engine at some time. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but what little time I have right now is into porting the AOKP features into JB.

·
Android Lover
1,095 Posts
Omg that would b so awesome.
You are correct. Theme engine can't change layouts. I had actually planned on putting an alternative Layout choice into the ROM just to support this, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
The idea of doing it with image sizes is freakin' brilliant. It's one of those 'Duh' moments for me :)

I do hope to make Old Geezers (or something similar to it) into a theme engine at some time. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but what little time I have right now is into porting the AOKP features into JB.

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
Zaph that feature would be epic if u chose to code it switching back and fourth as an option would be really cool

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Zaph that feature would be epic if u chose to code it switching back and fourth as an option would be really cool

I'm probably still going to have to code that feature for Old Geezers to be possible with Theme Engine. The idea of using image sizes to replicate the alternate layout is appealing, but it would also have a few side affects (weird spacing when certain network events occured that didn't show full signal Info)

221 - 240 of 249 Posts