Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Time for the resurrection! I'm building this theme for the CM9 theme chooser. Its very minimal right now, but there will be updates. It is basically going to be a stock looking theme, with everything that was ICS blue changed to green.

This will be my test project for many more theme.apk's to come.

Notes!!!
You will get the resources error when you go to apply the theme. Click apply anyways. (This happens with all themes right now)

Current version
Donate Version is now up in the play store.
Free Version will be available shortly.

Download, install, and select in theme chooser. (I have only tested with CM9 at this time.)

Update
5-9 Added themed Phone and Contacts
5-15 Added themed Nova and Trebuchet launchers. Also themes volume sliders
5-15 (2) Added Full hdpi support, fixed settings icons, and finished theming the launchers. (hpdi is not tested yet)
5-17 Donate version added to play store. Progress bars theme, unthemed images removed, Keyboard pop ups themed, and New Nova images added.

(Apply system theme, and uninstall previous versions first)
I also recommend a reboot after applying.

Donate Version link. (Play Store)
https://play.google....mdyZWVuaWNzIl0.

Free Version Download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60348823/signed-GreenICSfree.apk

Attachments

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be working on it. Having some problems compiling a few apk's, but looks like I need to update my sdk.

The carrier text and date color are in the systemui.apk under res/values/style.xml

·
Android Blogger
222 Posts
I absolutely want a green theme, but I'm not too keen on the shamrock idea. That'd make it feel like a strictly holiday-time theme, and I'd want a green one for everyday use. Not that I have anything against the Irish!

Right now, all I *really* need is a green signal icon for the taskbar. I sincerely wish I knew how to do that.

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I absolutely want a green theme, but I'm not too keen on the shamrock idea. That'd make it feel like a strictly holiday-time theme, and I'd want a green one for everyday use. Not that I have anything against the Irish!

Right now, all I *really* need is a green signal icon for the taskbar. I sincerely wish I knew how to do that.
Good point. I will probably make two version. One that is just green, and a holiday version.

The green signal bars is actually really easy. You just need to edit the png images in systemui.apk, or create your own, and place them in systemui using the same name as the current images.

·
Android Blogger
222 Posts
Good point. I will probably make two version. One that is just green, and a holiday version. The green signal bars is actually really easy. You just need to edit the png images in systemui.apk, or create your own, and place them in systemui using the same name as the current images.
Ever heard of a cook so bad they could ruin cereal?
I'm a paint/photoshop user who could ruin any image. That stuff terrifies me. I'll buck up and try it at some point. I'm still not horribly comfortable doing anything that isn't easy-peasy flash and go.

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ever heard of a cook so bad they could ruin cereal?
I'm a paint/photoshop user who could ruin any image. That stuff terrifies me. I'll buck up and try it at some point. I'm still not horribly comfortable doing anything that isn't easy-peasy flash and go.
I hear you on that. I'm definately no artist myself. It took me hours to get thru a few status bar icons. One tip I can give you is to use layers. Layers are great for instances like the signal bars, so your not making the same edits 4 times.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
Absolutely love green themes. On Aokp and I have my nav and status bars green but the signal and stuff are still blue. Can't wait to try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
959 Posts
Editing the pngs is easy I already have a decently changed systemui I just dont know how to edit the smalis. I can decompile the xmls, I have never tried recompiling cause i didnt accomplish anything but I dont know how to edit the smalis, any tips? Like start me out with what I should do for the date and carrier message and I should be able to pick it up from there.

also advice on how to edit a .9.png properly?

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The date color can be changed by editing the styles.xml file. Its in the res/values folder, after you decompile. (you will need notepad++)

Look for the string below. You need to remove the "@android:color/holo_blue_light", and replace it with "#ff00ff00". (no quotes, and use the color you want. This would be green)

<style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Date" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon">
<item name="android:textSize">16.0sp</item>
<item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
<item name="android:textColor">@android:color/holo_blue_light</item>

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
awesome found all of that thanks!, next question, I read in alot of places small snips of ppl saying u need framework res to do something with this properly when recompiling, any insight?
yes, before decompiling or recompiling a system apk, you should install the framework-res.apk from the rom you are using first. You put the framework-res.apk in the same forlder as your apktool file. Then open a command window in that folder, and type the command below.

apktool if framework-res.apk

This will install the framework file for your rom, and you can then modify system apks properly.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ok so I did that and right now im trying to change the keyboard (latinIME.apk) by changing a few color values in the styles.xml To be precise i changed 5 color values. now I try to recompile it and multitool gives me an error.

... 6 more
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Me\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
I: Done.
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
invalid resource directory name: C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res/layout
-sw768dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res/values
-sw600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res/values
-sw600dp-land
-sw768dp
-sw768dp-land
invalid resource directory name: C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res/xml-sw
600dp
invalid resource directory name: C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res/xml-sw
600dp-land
768dp
768dp-land
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutExce
ption: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\APKT
OOL7603416709740964842.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Me\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\andr
oid-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res, -M, C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\Andr
oidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\U
sers\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL7603416709740964842.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Me\apkto
ol\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\android-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\res, -M, C:\android
-sdk\projects\LatinIME.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:191)
... 6 more
Press any key to continue . . .

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What version of apktool are you using? You will probably need to use both 1.4.1 and 1.4.3. (some apks can be compiled with the new version, and some have to be done with the old version).

Also update your android sdk, and then copy the newest version of aapt into the folder with apktool.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.