Mod Type:: Theme

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Optional:: Themed

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
On CyanogenMod 7 I was a huge fan of R3D X's LunarUI theme, in fact many of the screenshots you see for his themes in the market and his XDA thread are from my phone. I've been really enjoying the new ICS design direction, but I've been craving some more color so I decided to port LunarUI to AOKP, with R3D's permission of course.​

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS WORK. ALL IMAGES AND DESIGNS (EXCEPT THE BATTERY ICONS) ARE PROPERTY OF R3D X.

*The colors look much more vivid on the actual phone screen.

This is my first foray into themeing, and I'm teaching myself as I go along. This is also my first foray into any kind of graphic design, so bare with me. I wasn't a huge fan of the original battery icons, so I created a new set using the same color schemes. The battery icons are the only original work of mine in this theme.​
  • Current release should work on any device running AOKP M4. Signal icons may not look proper on devices other than the Galaxy Nexus however.
  • The icons in the screenshots above are from LunarUI, but I manually applied them in Nova Launcher. You can find the icon pack in R3D X's thread .
  • I used ROM Control in AOKP to set the battery bar and nav icons colors.
Hex Codes
  • 95E903 Green
  • 03C1E9 Cyan
  • E908E9 Magenta
  • EA0404 Red
  • E3A703 Gold
Instructions
Simply flash in recovery. Wipe Cache/Dalvik to be safe.

Download
Change Log
v0.3.1
  • Battery icons redrawn
  • Signal icons redrawn
  • Signal / WiFi icon spacing fixed
  • Phone.apk & Contacts.apk elements themed (still need to do the backgrounds and some other aspects)
  • Attempted to move signal type indicator outside of the signal meter (didn't quite work though)
v0.2
  • Initial release!
  • Status bar themed (Matte version, haven't got the transparent working yet)
  • Nav bar background themed
  • Custom battery icons created
  • Notification icons themed
  • Notification pulldown background themed

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The originals were used. They are a little small, so I'll probably redraw them when I get the time but they look pretty good.

I just notices that I missed the 4G/3G etc indicators so I'll have to fix that also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Rootz lurker
76 Posts
I can't wait to see more work done on this, this has always been one of my all time favorite themes. Thanks sooo much litso for porting and I can't wait to see more. Do you have more planned for this theme? Is it going to be a full fledged port of the original? Again thanks for the port it looks great, I love to see more themes on the Gnex.

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you guys like it. I do plan to do as much as possible with this, but like I said I'm new so its a learning process. I'm also not particularly artistic, and many of the images need to be remade for the new screen resolution.

If you have any suggestions or requests for aspects you'd like to see ported let me know and I'll see if I can get it working.

·
Rootz lurker
76 Posts
Glad you guys like it. I do plan to do as much as possible with this, but like I said I'm new so its a learning process. I'm also not particularly artistic, and many of the images need to be remade for the new screen resolution.

If you have any suggestions or requests for aspects you'd like to see ported let me know and I'll see if I can get it working.

I would def. like to see a themed t9 dialer, and maybe some apks like the market and settings for starters, but def. would love to see a themed dialer. Take your time and continue to keep up the great work. Thanks again litso

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would def. like to see a themed t9 dialer, and maybe some apks like the market and settings for starters, but def. would love to see a themed dialer. Take your time and continue to keep up the great work. Thanks again litso
Dialer is an excellent idea. That will be my next project once I get the status bar icons how I want them. I redrew the majority of the battery icons to be a bit larger this morning, but haven't had time to work on the others yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Rootz lurker
76 Posts
What clock widget is that in the first screenshot? I'm assuming it's some variation of mClock? If so, any chance you could send me a link to it?

Thanks for porting an awesome theme!
you can find them here along with tons of other great lunar stuff http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1243590, actually the one he's using in the screenshot might not be there but there are a couple nice looking mclock lunarUI skins

·
Android Lover
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The clock I'm using is StacksClock. It is similar to R3Ds SayIt skins though. I got Stacks from the XDA clock thread. I don't have a link right now, but I keep it in my drop box.

http://db.tt/FSgrJfeU

DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THE CLOCK EITHER! :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts