Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Average Android
486 Posts
"New Blur" Theme for Droid X .602:

For those of you who are fans of Blur, I have skinned over the new Blur look from the Droid 3/Bionic onto the Droid X.

What's included:
-System/Blur app Icons
-Notification/Status Bar Icons
-Blur Home Graphics
-Boot Animation (with sound)
-CRT Off Animation

What's not included:
-3D animations and Lock screen
These are part of the core blur framework and would require more of a ROM rewrite rather than just a Theme.

Optional Addons:
-Notched 10% Blue Battery Patch
-Pattern Unlock Slider Bypass Patch
-BlurHome 270 Degree Rotation Patch
-Blur Icons only (zip of just images)

INSTALL DIRECTIONS:
1. You must be on rooted, deodexed stock Gingerbread 4.5.602 or .605
602 Deodexer can be found here
605 Deodexer can be found here
2. Boot into CWM, Wipe Cache
4. Install Theme
5. Reboot and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD:
602 New Blur Theme
602 Blue Circle Battery Patch ONLY
602 Pattern Unlock Bypass Patch ONLY
602 Blue Circle Battery and Pattern Unlock Patch

605 New Blur Theme
605 Blue Circle Battery Patch ONLY
605 Pattern Unlock Bypass Patch ONLY
605 Blue Circle Battery and Pattern Unlock Patch

602 & 605 Blur Home Rotation Patch (work for both)

New Blur System Icons Zip (not flashable)
More Third Party Blur Themed Icons

As usual, flash at your own risk. The theme works on my phone but I cannot guarantee it will work on yours. Always make a nandroid backup first!

Before / After

Circle Battery:

·
Average Android
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yearn said:
looks good man! thanks!
Any bugs you know of?
No bugs that I know of. The majority of the theme just consists of swapped graphics inside the blur/system apps, so unless something went wrong when repackaging them there isn't much room for error.

machiz7888 said:
any hope for cm7 compatibility?
One of my next goals was to make a Blur skin for CM7, however that's going to be a lot more work since I'll have to reskin the entire framework instead of just change some icons and graphics. I do have a collection of the icons I used that I can share. Many of them can be found in this collection, which also looks like it has some user created ones. It's missing some that I found while making this skin though. I'll share the collection tomorrow.

·
Android Apprentice
159 Posts
I downloaded the battery.zip and the pattern zip seperatly but not the zip with them both together. apparently you cant have both without the patch with them both together. now the links are down.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Yeah sucks the links are dead, I was at school and couldn't get this downloaded. Hopefully he'll see this and get it working again, I really want this

·
Android Apprentice
159 Posts
BigScottX said:
Yeah sucks the links are dead, I was at school and couldn't get this downloaded. Hopefully he'll see this and get it working again, I really want this
Hopefully the OP wont mind I uploaded the files here-> http://www.filesonic.com/file/1896645414/New_Blur.rar
this is the theme, the battery patch and the pattern patch. but not the battery and pattern patch together.

·
Average Android
486 Posts
Links work for me right now, do they still work for others? I can upload them to a different place if needed.

I guess I should have explained the patches better. The Battery and Pattern zips both modify the same file. So if you flash just the battery, it overwrites the pattern, and vice versa. That's why I included those two together.

·
Android Lover
403 Posts
I'm on stock rooted 602 now. Would I need to do a full phone wipe in order to flash the deodoxed 602? Or, could I just wipe cache/dalvik cache, then flash the rom?

·
Average Android
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
salem said:
I'm on stock rooted 602 now. Would I need to do a full phone wipe in order to flash the deodoxed 602? Or, could I just wipe cache/dalvik cache, then flash the rom?
Are you flashing the 602 Deodexer (linked in the OP) or the Deodexed 602 ROM from mobile_sensei? If you're just flashing the Deodexor, you *shouldn't* need to wipe data - but I can't say that for sure (I've had no problems when just wiping cache/dalvik). If you plan on flashing the Deodexed ROM, you will probably need to wipe data. But if you're on 602 already, I don't see a need to flash the ROM unless you want a clean start.

bretth18 said:
this is great! hope you get the icons into the theme tho
What do you mean? All of the icons that are in the downloadable pack are in this theme. Are you running a themed ADW/LauncherPro/etc? If so, you may not see the icons since the launcher's theme is overriding them.

·
Android ICS Lover
327 Posts
How will this work on sensei mod 602 if your on the AOSP Home instead of the blur home

1 - 20 of 47 Posts