Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Credit goes to Manup456 for the orignal NexTheme. This is my interpretation of his theme laid on a Sense platform.

I did a lot of theme ports for the OG Droid, but now I've made it to the Thunderbolt scene. I thought why not start things off with a NexTheme port. This theme is still in it's early stages but I do have most of the framework and notification stuff done as well as alot of the menu icons. I'm going to theme Sense features next such as the lockscreen and widgets if I figure it out. This will work with Gingeritis 3D beta VI. If your phone hangs up after installation, do a battery pull and reboot.

Download: NexTheme_Beta1.0r2.zip

If your market isn't themed, go to your Applications menu and uninstall your market updates. I have the newest version included in the theme.

Change log:

Beta 1.0r2 (7/27)
- Updated to work with Gingeritis3D beta VI
- Updated Lockscreen (black ring, removed icon seats, red notification bubble, AOSP messaging icon for unread text screen, removed backgrounds for large icons)
- Themed Gmail
- Changed Market icon
- Removed notification icon seats in notification pull down (Might make it hard to see gingerbread style notification icons)
- Added Nexus S boot animation

Photos:

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Wow nextheme is still the best imo. Dang HAVE to load chingys sweet new rom and load this.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Looking good so far! I did experience the initial hang after install, pulled battery and reboot and everything is fine. Thanks for making this

·
Average Android
313 Posts
Great job on this, NexTheme has always been my all time favorite themes. I have already done this to the ROM I'm running but was wondering about one thing. In the screenshot of the Power Options where is the png at for the top of that? I can't find it for the life of me.

·
Android Apprentice
220 Posts
Love the theme, but how can I add numbers to the battery level?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bp328i said:
Great job on this, NexTheme has always been my all time favorite themes. I have already done this to the ROM I'm running but was wondering about one thing. In the screenshot of the Power Options where is the png at for the top of that? I can't find it for the life of me.
Not sure what your talking about...top of what?

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rlivin said:
Love the theme, but how can I add numbers to the battery level?

By adding them to each of the 100 battery .png's...maybe Ill do it when I have time.

·
Average Android
313 Posts
Benny879 said:
Not sure what your talking about...top of what?

When you press the power button for a few seconds it brings up the power option, the top of that menu has the gloss black look. That's the one thing I'm having an issue finding. I have already replaced the popup_top_dark.9.png in the Framework-res.apk but that only changes most of the popup menu tops not the on on the power options menu. .

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bp328i said:
When you press the power button for a few seconds it brings up the power option, the top of that menu has the gloss black look. That's the one thing I'm having an issue finding. I have already replaced the popup_top_dark.9.png in the Framework-res.apk but that only changes most of the popup menu tops not the on on the power options menu. .
Ahhh those....they are in the com.htc.resources.apk

·
Average Android
313 Posts
"Benny879 said:
Ahhh those....they are in the com.htc.resources.apk

That's where I was thinking they were but never took the time to really go through all 1700 png's. I use the ones from my framework-res.apk and it looks great. Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bp328i said:
That's where I was thinking they were but never took the time to really go through all 1700 png's. I use the ones from my framework-res.apk and it looks great. Thanks
Yeah themeing sense not quite as easy as stock Froyo was....I've almost got everything mapped out.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Benny879 said:
I might break some of the fixes...I'll post an update tomorrow night.
Doesn't seem like it would. I'm using it with the new update right now and nothing noticeable so far. Although there is a dead battery icon in the search bar in the market. Or has that always been there?

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
icanhazdroid said:
Doesn't seem like it would. I'm using it with the new update right now and nothing noticeable so far. Although there is a dead battery icon in the search bar in the market. Or has that always been there?
Haha thats always been there, I cant figure out why yet.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts