Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
BlueRiver for VorteX RC1

Update 11-16-11 Added zip to get 1% and still keep text color and themed battery icons.
Must have theme installed first. Just flash the mod in clockwork, link below theme download
Credit for 1% on VorteX goes to DevorteX, I just figured out a way to get it to work with theme.

Update 11-11-12- Updated theme for VorteX RC1
Added honeycomb style battery icons and made some minor edits..

Update 9/20/11-With DevorteX's help we fixed broken stock email. Credit goes to him for finding the bug in the theme and finding a solution.

After flashing the theme it might loop 2 or 3 times, give it some time and if it loops for more than a minute pull battery and boot up again. Should be good if you do.

If you lose notification bar reboot and it should be good to go.

This is a theme I originally did for DarkslideX and then ported it to a few roms I was on with some edits for each one. For credits and my sources you can check my threads .

http://www.mydroidwo...droid-x-themes/

Thanks and credit for the rom goes to deVorteX, he has done great work with his rom and provides awesome support.
And thanks to all that I may have forgot or has contributed in anyway.

I am not responsible for what you do to your phone or what you put on your phone. You accept full responsibility if all does not go well, lol.

Blue Azure Organism Font Liquid Blue Human body Organism Medical imaging Font Calculator Peripheral Input device Office equipment Office supplies Communication Device Font Gadget Electronic device Screenshot Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Multimedia

What was themed
framework
systemui
settings
phone
contacts
dialer
blur alarm clock widget
googlequicksearchbox widget
most of the old blur stock icons replaced with new blur icons
keyboard
blue text throughout the theme.
replaced stock music player with themed moto music player
a few other things.

Instructions
place theme on sdcard where it is easy to find
Use D2 bootstrap to get to clockwork
select install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
look for where you placed theme and select it.
confirm selection
when finshed installing hit back button
select reboot now
enjoy!

VorteX RC1 BlueRiver Download - http://www.mediafire...rq8ltms5o2wu3jg

1% Battery mod download - http://www.mediafire...uezo4on74g7lo2k

UPDATE 11-26-11 - This is statusbar tweak from DroidJunk and DevorteX. Credit goes to them, I just edited it for the theme.
BlueRIver StatusBar Tweak download - http://www.mediafire.com/?tj83khum1i1yzfi
 

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
12 Posts
wulf, first off I want to say that the theme looks great. I have a couple issues. I'm not sure if it's related to the launcher, the rom or the theme.

1. When I try to update the old icons on the launcher (ex. Dialer, Contacts), the icon changes but when I try to launch it says "Application is not installed on your phone."
2. My Messaging icon looks huge compared to the one in the screenshot.

I'm on VorteX 2.0 beta. I've tried wiping Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache for a fresh install of VorteX and then applying the theme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"mingdizzle said:
wulf, first off I want to say that the theme looks great. I have a couple issues. I'm not sure if it's related to the launcher, the rom or the theme.

1. When I try to update the old icons on the launcher (ex. Dialer, Contacts), the icon changes but when I try to launch it says "Application is not installed on your phone."
2. My Messaging icon looks huge compared to the one in the screenshot.

I'm on VorteX 2.0 beta. I've tried wiping Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache for a fresh install of VorteX and then applying the theme.
The answer to 1 and 2 it's the launcher. I don't use stock launcher I use adw ex, didn't see that before cause I didn't use it. You could either try a different launcher like adw or launcher pro or use default icons for the launcher.
 

·
Android Rocks
Joined
·
965 Posts
Sweet theme ! Cool new bootup animation too.(with sound)
I made a backup just before I flashed it of course.
My experience was on the first boot the notification bar didn't appear but rebooting corrected that so all is good now.
Just fiqure I would report how it went with me I am using LPP and K 9mail so not affected by known bug( stock email not working thing):android-smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"davidnc said:
Sweet theme ! Cool new bootup animation too.(with sound)
I made a backup just before I flashed it of course.
My experience was on the first boot the notification bar didn't appear but rebooting corrected that so all is good now.
Just fiqure I would report how it went with me I am using LPP and K 9mail so not affected by known bug( stock email not working thing):android-smile:
Glad you like it. Had that issue with notification bar on 1.4.2, latest version 2.0 seems to be good.
 

·
Sourcerizer
Joined
·
819 Posts
I think Wulf and I may have worked out a fix to get this theme running and not causing force closes in the email app. Wulf and I are going to run some more tests and probably ask for input when he can get the theme updated.
 

·
CrackFlasha
Joined
·
973 Posts
wulf said:
updated theme with stock email fix and added a revert to stock zip to remove any theme from VorteX.
wulf, looks like your revert to stock zip link is the same as the theme zip's link (?)
 

·
Android Rocks
Joined
·
965 Posts
Thanks!! got the BlueRiver_v4 Download saved.
I wasnt sure if the link had been changed tho,,,,,, til I clicked on the link and saw then it had been.
Since the type beside the link still showed BlueRiver_v3 Download .:grin3:
Just fiqure I would point that oversight out,, haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"davidnc said:
Thanks!! got the BlueRiver_v4 Download saved.
I wasnt sure if the link had been changed tho,,,,,, til I clicked on the link and saw then it had been.
Since the type beside the link still showed BlueRiver_v3 Download .:grin3:
Just fiqure I would point that oversight out,, haha
Typo, fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top