Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[/background]​

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]v0.2 [outbreak][/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Supported devices:[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Galaxy Nexus (Toro)[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Change Log: (9-21-2012)

New custom toggles
Battery icon revamp
Signal and WiFi icons (courtesy of Nordpolecamper) customized by me
Settings highlights to display where Affinity tweak settings can be found
Predator-style holo dialer
ICS concept softkeys by arzbhatia
Sackboy cameo

**To do: I've got a slick boot animation (with help from Purian23), and some custom wallpapers coming up. I also plan on creating custom softkeys, as well as signal and WiFi icons, in an attempt to make the theme 100% original work. Stay tuned!
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]# I am in no way affiliated with Android Developer Alliance (ADA). I am not a team member, and as such, cannot speak for them, nor provide support for any of their builds. [/background]​

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Installation Instructions:[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Make sure the stock System Theme (in Theme Chooser) is applied[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Reboot to recovery[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Flash zip (dirty flash is fine in cwm) [/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][I've had reports of TWRP users needing to wipe cache and dalvik, but it works][/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Reboot system[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Profit[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Disclaimer: You know the drill... I take no responsibility if your phone melts down, if your fridge implodes, or you drool on your phone, as a result of flashing this theme. Flash at your own risk. [/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]**I built this on Toro. There's only one framework edit (a background), but it will work for Maguro. As for the other devices ADA supports, this MAY work, if you delete the framework...I had success doing this with Nexus themes on my Droid 3, so others may be able to get away with it. Just back up before you flash if you're on a non-Nexus device.

Download link: https://www.box.com/...jr76dqlidjwfh75
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]md5 sum[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]: 1bb1e4bb82bb099af78fd185053b9a8

Return to Stock Affinity: https://www.box.com/...uix78lxvu43ilpt
[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Affliction Extras [black icons and such, for use with your launcher] (NOT FLASHABLE): https://www.box.com/...ierhtxvgimqnc5f[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Back Story:[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I came to Affinity, from Liquid (like many of you), and have enjoyed every second I've spent as a part of the community. I was looking to swap out some softkeys one night,and they weren't Zip Themer compatible, so I started asking questions...JR_Themer and MRH3LLMAN were nice enough to give me some direction on how to accomplish my goal. I succeeded in getting the softkeys I wanted, and from there, Affliction was born. I initially wanted to simply create something unique, that I could personally enjoy, but a few really nice comments and community feedback, led me to release ADA:Affliction v0.1 [contagion]. [/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Mission:[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]My goal with continuing to build Affliction, is primarily, to learn. I don't really consider myself a themer, since I don't know how to do .9png, smali, or xml edits at this time...as I learn, the theme (and eventually, spin-offs) will mature. I also don't plan on re-inventing the wheel here; I think both JB and Affinity, look and feel spectacular, from the color scheme, to the overall usability. I plan to make subtle tweaks, here and there, to enhance the overall user experience. You won't see any wacky, cartoonish icons, or outrageously garish color schemes from me...just clean, simple modifications that (hopefully) increase your enjoyment of this outstanding ROM. [/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Credits - None of this would be possible without the help I've received (and continue to receive) from:[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-JR_Themer[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-MRH3LLMAN[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Purian23[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-Nordpolecamper [/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]-arzbhatia[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]*An additional thank you to the entire ADA Team - blueharford, msrfx, Bbedward, Purian23, PatrickC, ToxicThunder, and MRH3LLMAN - You guys have created a fantastic ROM, and continuously provide the community with excellent support and feedback! I really appreciate everything you guys are doing![/background]

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Just to be up front here guys, I would appreciate it if this thread and the download links aren't mirrored or re-posted in any of the other forums. I simply don't have the time, at the moment, to maintain multiple threads. I don't mind if you link to this thread, if someone asks about the theme, but I simply can't spread myself too thin right now. For the moment, consider Affliction a RootzWiki exclusive.
Thanks for being understanding guys.

Jay

Additionally, here is the wallpaper I'm using in my screenshot, along with a download link for the UCCW clock uzip from the theme preview. Sorry for not getting these up earlier.

Transring3 skin (credit to the original creator): https://www.box.com/shared/fc6uvm4q7aj8wmrx6nvv

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Thank you everyone! The compliments mean a lot, and serve as an inspiration for me to keep pushing forward. The next release will have the new boot animation, and (hopefully) the reworked signal and WiFi icons (I plan on styling them like the battery icon), at the least. As I learn to do more and more things, I would like to create an Affliction: Hybrid Strain series, with different color schemes (I'm thinking white, grey, carbon fibre, and an alternate blue).

Once this hits Theme Chooser (I'm going to be working with Über on that), I'll release that as well.

And guys, feel free to leave critiques and requests, as long as you do so in a polite, non-aggressive manner. I'm always looking for great ideas, but I tend to get snarky and demeaning when I'm approached in the incorrect manner (fair warning), lol.

I'll also be using one of the reserved slots to post helpful theming hints/tips/tools for anyone interested in trying their hand at modifying their phones. I'll only post things that I use myself, so I'll know they work, and so I can provide feedback and assistance. Android's about learning and enjoying our devices, so I figure I might as well do my part to keep the platform trending forward.

And before anyone asks...I don't accept donations. As I stated in the OP, I'm doing this for fun and for my own edification. I'll always provide my theme(s) free of charge, here on Rootz.

Thank you all again for the support, sorry for the wall of text, and for anyone on mobile (using the black Tapatalk theme)...I'll look into fixing the dark grey on black text issue tomorrow. I use the black theme, and it's annoying me, so I know it must be killing some of you (Edit: color has been fixed...hopefully). Happy flashing guys! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice work man. I especially like the wifi and signal icons. The dialer will take some getting use to lol. Suggestion: The soft keys really blend in and I can hardly see them. I am color blind and cannot see shades of grays and black, as well as blues, greens, and reds. If you could make a white set I would appreciate it.

Like you, I'm patiently waiting for Affinity v2 to drop.

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Nice work man. I especially like the wifi and signal icons. The dialer will take some getting use to lol. Suggestion: The soft keys really blend in and I can hardly see them. I am color blind and cannot see shades of grays and black, as well as blues, greens, and reds. If you could make a white set I would appreciate it.

Like you, I'm patiently waiting for Affinity v2 to drop.
I'm working on getting an alternate dialer created, for those who don't like or can't adjust to, the Predator dialer. I should have that ready in a few days.

I wholeheartedly apologize for being too myopic to take into consideration, people like yourself, who are color blind...I'm an ass for that. I'll PM a version to you, with white softkeys tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon. Again, my apologies for not being accommodating.

PS: I can also do the signal and WiFi icons in white, if those would be easier for you to see against the black status bar background...just let me know.

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Those icons are nice. Are you planning on expanding the set?
Yes I am. Now that I'm done with v0.2, I'll have time to make some icon edits. I plan on starting with what I currently have on my desktop...

Google icons: Currents, Wallet, YouTube, Maps, G+,Play Store, Gmail, Music, Talk
Additional icons (tons), including: Tapatalk, ROM Toolbox, Root Explorer, BBS, TKT, FKT, AnTuTu, Quadrant, and many more.

Once I get done with my personal icon set (hopefully it will cover many of the apps you guys use), I'll take requests.

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
831 page views, and no feedback? I'm open to criticism and suggestions guys...what would you like to see?:D

·
Banned
895 Posts
I wouldnt take it personal bro. I know you are new to theming and i encourage you to stick it out. There are a few unwritten things to understand that comes with the territory. First, people are much less inclined to leave feedback unless they have a problem, find a bug..etc... Second, now that the theme chooser is up and running in our custom roms people favor those themes over zips(not me im still a zip fan!) not saying anything at all is wrong with your theme or the way you package it but some people will just pass by it for the simple fact that its not the new "cool" way of theming.. So to say. Also, download counts are really the best way to gauge interest. I dont know if your host provides a counter, if not there are several web based ones out there. www.bit.ly.com being one example. Ive had threads on here for themes before that recieved over ten thousand page views but only 30 or so comments. But my download numbers would reach 6-700 on average per release. So if thats the case, then you know you are doing something right.. This has been a hobby of mine for around 2 years or so and this is just conclusions ive drawn from repeated results of releasing my themes. Dont let it discourage you. I think you are doing a wonderful job bud. :-D

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
I wouldnt take it personal bro. I know you are new to theming and i encourage you to stick it out. There are a few unwritten things to understand that comes with the territory. First, people are much less inclined to leave feedback unless they have a problem, find a bug..etc... Second, now that the theme chooser is up and running in our custom roms people favor those themes over zips(not me im still a zip fan!) not saying anything at all is wrong with your theme or the way you package it but some people will just pass by it for the simple fact that its not the new "cool" way of theming.. So to say. Also, download counts are really the best way to gauge interest. I dont know if your host provides a counter, if not there are several web based ones out there. www.bit.ly.com being one example. Ive had threads on here for themes before that recieved over ten thousand page views but only 30 or so comments. But my download numbers would reach 6-700 on average per release. So if thats the case, then you know you are doing something right.. This has been a hobby of mine for around 2 years or so and this is just conclusions ive drawn from repeated results of releasing my themes. Dont let it discourage you. I think you are doing a wonderful job bud. :-D

Absolutely true.. also people leave a lot less input in theme threads simply because they r themes.. my threads at one time were quite popular but since the advent of theme chooser my threads are all buried in the thick of the threads.. trust me most casual users don't really wanna take the time to even say thanks they just take the theme and use it... don't get discouraged and don't turn it into some job type activity.. make themes u like and will use.. don't adjust your vision on the requests of others.. I've been at this as well for about two years now.. if people make suggestions I take them into consideration but I will never blatantly change something for anyone.. do this for fun and stick to your vision and get the satisfaction that u r learning more than most about how android works and you will find it fulfilling.. keep up the good work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I'm not getting discouraged at all...I guess I'm just used to the XDA theme threads, where requests and criticism come fast and furious. I'm still working on getting my boot animation looking good, as well as the restyle on the signal and WiFi icons. Slowly but surely, things are coming together. Thank you both again for the support, and words of wisdom.

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I'm not getting discouraged at all...I guess I'm just used to the XDA theme threads, where requests and criticism come fast and furious. I'm still working on getting my boot animation looking good, as well as the restyle on the signal and WiFi icons. Slowly but surely, things are coming together. Thank you both again for the support, and words of wisdom.
Just remember xda is filled with dbags.. I've had threads I started there but u got peeps who wanna troll.. so I don't use that site ... rootz has a group of mods who actually stay attentive to the threads... eventually u can bring this to theme chooser and put it on the play store which I've done with my themes.. this will keep track of downloads and u can track the comments ... then u leave this open for a support thread

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just remember xda is filled with dbags.. I've had threads I started there but u got peeps who wanna troll.. so I don't use that site ... rootz has a group of mods who actually stay attentive to the threads... eventually u can bring this to theme chooser and put it on the play store which I've done with my themes.. this will keep track of downloads and u can track the comments ... then u leave this open for a support thread

Completely agree. When I got my OG Droid, I started simple, with Droid Forums. Once I was ready to take the next step (in terms of knowledge and understanding), I moved on to Xda. It seems now, that the site has very little to offer me any more...while the community here on Rootz is more knowledgeable, to the point, and friendly. This is exactly the reason for my second post, directed at keeping the theme here. I've had people from Xda ask me to post there too, but I won't, for all the reasons you outlined.

As for Theme Chooser...once I create original signal and WiFi icons, along with softkeys, I'll migrate to that platform. I obviously can't sell the theme, when bits of it are other people's work, and I take pride in trying to be original. As it is, the Sackboy images I've used may preclude me from charging for the theme anyway...lol.

·
Android Apprentice
253 Posts
831 page views, and no feedback? I'm open to criticism and suggestions guys...what would you like to see?:D

I personally think the theme is excellent. The only reason I have yet to stick with it is the dialer. While the "predator" looks cool I'd rather stick with numbers due to function. Other than that. I'm very impressed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.