Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I've been messing around with a program called Infranview lately. It enables you to make boot ani's from video as well as break gif's down frame by frame. Batch processing makes it a win for me. Everybody should check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Quick question that should be rather easy to answer. What file am I looking to edit when changing navbar transparency? I fee like an idiot asking this but I can't figure out what it is for the life of me haha.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Hey all sorry to go off the convo but im one systemui.apk compile away from having my theme done and I cannot get this thing to do it for the life of me. I tried following the really early instructions of putting my framework in other but I can even get a prompt to open from there. I've been awake for over 40 hours now and just want to get this done haha... any help at all would be greatly appreciated

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I'm not sure about this but I believe those "colors" are actually defined elsewhere. Try looking under Colors in the same directory or something in there. I was looking at them no less than an hour ago haha.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Apkmultitool. Even tried APKmanager haha.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Yeah I'll have to wait until Im home from work. So close yet so far...

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Ugh I hate framework files so much. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Quick question that doesn't need a lengthy explanation but where exactly are the values for status bar text and transparency as well as navbar transparency. I've got everything else right but am just doing guess work at this point for those.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
The text is called ticker, and its in the res/values/styles.xml

Transparency requires smali changes. I posted a link to a how to one page back.
Thank you sir! You are quite helpful haha. And thank you for posting that link for me but I looked at it and I am trying to go about it a different way. I'm working on my windows box for theming and am not sync'd to aosp
is that the only way to do it? Just trying to keep tjeming to windows and building to my Linux box.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
If you scroll down a few posts in that link, there are also directions on how to do it thru smali, which can be done using apktool to decompile in windows.
Wow, my bad man haha. Another sincere thanks for your help as well as your speediness. Going to try this as soon as I'm home.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Alright I got it figured out. Thanks again for your help.

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this but what is the easiest way to port a theme from rom to rom? We just had Codename update and ICSourcery is dropping in a day or 2. So many roms, so little time...

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Alright guys I'm beat. Decompiling/Editing/Compiling has been the most frustrating thing ever. I managed to decompile and theme mms.apk perfectly, compiled perfectly, and now have it running. Looks good. When I follow the same process for contacts I cannot get it to compile for the life of me. Anybody have any pointers?

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Even if you did get it to compile without errors (launching dialer will just lead to fc on device). Only way is to theme it from source.

good day.
Yeah I've been doing some more reading and you just confirmed that for me. Thanks Chopper, you are always so helpful. Much appreciated.

I'm throwing one last request for help out there right now as its the only thing keeping me from releasing v3 of my theme. Not sure how I managed to do this but how do I make the usually gray menu backgrounds, that are now transparent, black? I've been trying and failing for over an hour at this point...

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Actually, it looks like the .9 was not compiled, so it did not stretch. You can see a little black box in the middle of the menu.
That was the issue. Thanks to both of you!

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Wonderful. Any idea why emailgoogle.apk won't compile and gives me a resource error?

W/ResourceType( 3580): Bad XML block: header size 372 or total size 0 is larger than data size 0

These other issues I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks trying to figure out.

1.Does anyone know which xml in the systemui to edit to enlarge the status update icons and the signal battery icons? I tried fill_parent and @drawable/status_bar_icon_size for sizing. I probably am putting it in the wrong spot.

2.Lockscreen and menu backgrounds... I cant find them.

3.Statsbar expanded... Notification_tracking_bg, where the hell is the size?
I'm investigating those right now. Porting my stuff to AOKP 29 so I'll make some notes while I'm running through this.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I'm going to start porting forward tonight as well. Is there a lot to change from 28 to 29?
Not really as far as I can tell. Png's and .9's can be dragged and dropped over but you will have to go decompile and do all your XML edits again. As far as I can tell so far at least haha.

I actually stopped porting to b29 for the moment as it is terribly buggy from when I used it and most people in their thread are reporting the same. I may just have to wait this one out and see what happens before I invest much more time in it...

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
What apktool are you guys using?

the day is mine
the night is also mine
Haha honestly I'm not even sure. I'm still using apkmultitool with no problems.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts