Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
i just finished reading this thread from beginning to end. great work mastur mynd! maybe i missed it, but i was surprised i didn't see any tutorials for .9.png files.

anyhow, i made changes to framework-res.apk/res/drawable/progress_horizontal.xml for thin volume/progress bars like we used to for gingerbread, since the progress_indeterminate one already has the necessary changes and the image files are in place i figured that'd be enough.

it works, but oddly the lockscreen appears to be too big for the screen now and the power button options (reboot, reboot recovery, screenshot, etc) no longer work.

the chunky orange bars drive me nuts! anybody know what the deal is?

thanks!
rf

*edit* figured it out, thanks!

sent from my galaxy nexus

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
JI
i just finished reading this thread from beginning to end. great work mastur mynd! maybe i missed it, but i was surprised i didn't see any tutorials for .9.png files.

anyhow, i made changes to framework-res.apk/res/drawable/progress_horizontal.xml for thin volume/progress bars like we used to for gingerbread, since the progress_indeterminate one already has the necessary changes and the image files are in place i figured that'd be enough.

it works, but oddly the lockscreen appears to be too big for the screen now and the power button options (reboot, reboot recovery, screenshot, etc) no longer work.

the chunky orange bars drive me nuts! anybody know what the deal is?

thanks!
rf

sent from my galaxy nexus
talking to b_boy, it seems they have it working on the fascinate ROMs. i looked through the XMLs and it doesn't look like the progress_horizontal and progress_indeterminate XMLs have been touched. if anybody could point me in the right direction, my sanity would greatly appreciate it. i feel like i've exhausted my searches and this is my last hope before i end up on TLC or something :)

thanks!

-rf

*edit* got it working. just had to replace the resources.arsc file and add the meta-inf folder. - johnny kilroy

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
hey gang,

any words of wisdom in compiling the contacts.apk? i get no errors, but it still shuts down my phone.apk and have tried:
- the removal of the .dex files in de/recompilation.
- removing the arsc file from the re-compiled one and dropping it into the original contacts.apk.
- de/recompiling with apk manager, autoapktool2.0, xdaautotool, and manually with apktool (tried every .jar including the experimental one).

i've got eclipse set up but haven't used it in a while so would like to avoid that route if i can.

also, a browser.apk question: for the life of me i can't find the xml that controls the highlighting, when you press on something, in the browser.apk. i've tried looking in framework but have come up empty handed.

any help is much appreciated.

thank you,
rf

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
chopper, i loved that last theme you ported. great work!

i, like many others, also use GIMP and have used colorize. another way i do it, whcih i wish i knew about earlier, is to go to colors>hue-saturation then play with that. rather than repeat it a bazillion times, i use faststone photo resizer (can be find at the beginning of this thread) and change my selected files with advanced options>adjustments and enter the same values in. KUH-KAO and/or BOOSH and you save yourself hours of work :)

warmest,
rf

Reactions: chopper the dog

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
hey guys,

i'm theming for toro and am trying to port something over to maguro. which apk's, besides framework-res need to be changed? or is it everything not in gapps?

thanks!
-rf

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
thanks chopper. i'll be theming it blind, since I have no gsm nexus, but a user tried flashing my toro theme on their maguro and said it was force close city.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
Reactions: Gunthermic

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
hey gang,

i've been gone a while and am trying to catch up.

this should be an easy one; i can't seem to find the following:
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]- the image for settings apk: settings > rom settings > toggles > toggle layout [/background]

thanks hombres!
-rf

*edit* it's in rom controls in the /drawables folder.

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
i thought i'd taken care of this before and now it's gone (or i never took care of it)... anybody know where that pesky blue is?

thanks guys and have great weekend!

-rf

ps. i'm having a tough time inverting koush's tabletsms. is the message list in /layout? can it be themed for/with theme chooser?

*edit* haha, i'd misnamed my redirect in the xml, so now clock is fixed. tabletsms is still a no-go
any help is always appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts