Android OS Forum banner
581 - 600 of 638 Posts

·
Schmaticum
136 Posts
In systemui,
Status_bar_close_off.9.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, however, I am trying to figure out how to change the grey rectangle that is behind the grey (blue when touched) lines to the look of 4.1. For example, in the screenshot below, I want to change the color of the grey rectangle (highlighted in the red box) behind the blue line. Sorry for the poor explanation.

Attachments

·
Heisenberg
173 Posts
Thanks, however, I am trying to figure out how to change the grey rectangle that is behind the grey (blue when touched) lines to the look of 4.1. For example, in the screenshot below, I want to change the color of the grey rectangle (highlighted in the red box) behind the blue line. Sorry for the poor explanation.
Drop this .png in your systemui.apk res/drawable-xhdpi folder and you should be good
https://www.box.com/...1meayuqwh2c6fzl
Edit: My file is black rather than gray.. If your pulldown is not going to be black, just edit the one in your systemui by erasing the grey and leaving the blue. Make sure you decompile systemui before editing to keep the 9 patch in tact

Attachments

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
OK themers is it just me or does the keyboard images not theme via theme chooser with the 4.2 images.. any suggestions or insight is very much welcome cause this is annoying me beyond belief

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
OK themers is it just me or does the keyboard images not theme via theme chooser with the 4.2 images.. any suggestions or insight is very much welcome cause this is annoying me beyond belief

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Mine worked without any fuss. Not sure why yours doesn't- feel free to decompile mine if you'd like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone figure out how to re-align the lockscreen slider on 4.2? It seems that after modding the nav bar dpi it moves the lockscreen slider to right just a little bit. Anyone figure this out yet?

·
Android Lover
583 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone here themed the new 4.2 toggles? I'm working on them but for my battery, its saying 'no rule to make com_android_systemui_ic_qs_battery' when I try to compile. As far as I can tell it referring to the battery xml for the quick settings but why is it saying no rule to make and how do I fix it lol. Anyone know?

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone here themed the new 4.2 toggles? I'm working on them but for my battery, its saying 'no rule to make com_android_systemui_ic_qs_battery' when I try to compile. As far as I can tell it referring to the battery xml for the quick settings but why is it saying no rule to make and how do I fix it lol. Anyone know?
Can you possibly post the last bit of your build process before it error'd out just so I can see what else is going on? Generally when it says no rule to make I believe its missing a make file somewhere or missing something its dependent on.

·
Heisenberg
173 Posts
Anyone figure out how to re-align the lockscreen slider on 4.2? It seems that after modding the nav bar dpi it moves the lockscreen slider to right just a little bit. Anyone figure this out yet?
Yes! I had this problem myself and it drove me nuts!!! It is another problem created by 4.2 lockscreen non-sense.
To fix it go into framework-res\res\layout\keygaurd_glow_pad_view.xml and change the gravity in the first line

From this
Code:
<br />
android:gravity="left"<br />
To this
Code:
<br />
android:gravity="center"<br />
Recompile and your good to go! It's fun to find new ways of doing things, but 4.2 has been frustrating lol
I think this issue is because the lock screen is essentially divided into two parts. If you swipe down while on the locksreen anywhere under the status bar, you will see that the lower half is moveable and the top (clock/date) is stationary.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Does anybody have a theme chooser template for AOSP based Roms that can be added to my source/builds handy? I had one but have somehow lost it through reformatting my desktop. Guess I never backed it up... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are 4.2 apks only editable with a self-compiled apktool? If so, can someone please post their apktool.jar and aapt? I see a bit of discussion on this a few pages back but all of the links on the topic seem to be dead.

·
Android Addict
277 Posts

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Here's mine that I self compiled...

https://www.dropbox....Apktool-4.2.zip
Oh almighty Don, would you happen to know how to get the new apktool set up and working for Windows? I've been using Linux for so long I realized I've never used apktool in a Windows environment. I know to follow the usual guides but I'm a clutz when it comes to Windows and making things compatible haha

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Oh almighty Don, would you happen to know how to get the new apktool set up and working for Windows? I've been using Linux for so long I realized I've never used apktool in a Windows environment. I know to follow the usual guides but I'm a clutz when it comes to Windows and making things compatible haha
I always just cd into the directory that my apktool.jar, and aapt are in, and then run the commands. The commands are the same.

·
Android Addict
277 Posts
I always just cd into the directory that my apktool.jar, and aapt are in, and then run the commands. The commands are the same.
This is the way I do it as well when working in windows.
Just make sure that you use the aapt.exe when working in windows instead of the aapt that you use in Linux.

581 - 600 of 638 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.