Android OS Forum banner
601 - 620 of 638 Posts

·
Android Enthusiast
777 Posts
I didn't realize people were still having issues decompiling/compiling on Windows for jb 4.2.x, otherwise I would have posted the apktool.jar I compiled a while ago along with the accompanying aapt.exe (that you can get from the sdk).

Reactions: willyjay

·
Themer
801 Posts
I didn't realize people were still having issues decompiling/compiling on Windows for jb 4.2.x, otherwise I would have posted the apktool.jar I compiled a while ago along with the accompanying aapt.exe (that you can get from the sdk).
I got mine a long time ago on xda, not many subscribe to apktool thread but that's where I got mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Themer
801 Posts
Transparent or Inverted Black Mms and Contacts themes.

Ok here are the two theme chooser templates with working apk's included.

Just extract the files from the zips and start copying the data to your theme. Should be easy enough to code the way you would like with my simple templates.

Inverted MMS/Contacts Template - Mirror

Transparent MMS/Contacts Template - Mirror

Please let me know if this works for you so I can make a tread with more details.

Enjoy!!!!

DJ

·
Android Lover
583 Posts
Hey guys I'm having issues finding this..... Is it an image or code? It's the grey BG on the notification shown here. I want it to be black.

Edit: Sorry for the giant screen lmao.
Edit 2: I'd also like the red square to be black as well can't find either one.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Lover
583 Posts
Can you possibly post the last bit of your build process before it error'd out just so I can see what else is going on? Generally when it says no rule to make I believe its missing a make file somewhere or missing something its dependent on.

By the way, I fixed this. No one could figure it out so I had to basically grab a new template and import my theme bit by bit.Its fine now though...weird.

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Hey guys I'm having issues finding this..... Is it an image or code? It's the grey BG on the notification shown here. I want it to be black.
Edit: Sorry for the giant screen lmao.
Edit 2: I'd also like the red square to be black as well can't find either one.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The notification item backgrounds are in framework-res.apk. What red square?

notification_bg_normal.9.png
notification_bg_low_normal.9.png

notification_bg_normal_pressed.9.png
notification_bg_low_pressed.9.png

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
I got an issue.

I'm trying to theme JUST the dividers used in the action list for notifications. If your ROM has quick reply for the MMS app, I'm talking about the lines that split up the options.

I found the resource that calls the dividers. Its in frameworks. Called "notification_action_list.XML". I tried making an image for it to call, but it makes the expanded notification actions disappear. Its a layout XML. I know the redirections and drawables are already correct. I know I can change the dividers normally, bit that themes ALL dividers. It makes the theme look odd. I only want notification actions dividers themed.

Help? I appreciate it!

Autocorrected from my GNexus

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
I got an issue.

I'm trying to theme JUST the dividers used in the action list for notifications. If your ROM has quick reply for the MMS app, I'm talking about the lines that split up the options.

I found the resource that calls the dividers. Its in frameworks. Called "notification_action_list.XML". I tried making an image for it to call, but it makes the expanded notification actions disappear. Its a layout XML. I know the redirections and drawables are already correct. I know I can change the dividers normally, bit that themes ALL dividers. It makes the theme look odd. I only want notification actions dividers themed.

Help? I appreciate it!

Autocorrected from my GNexus
I just took a quick look to see if I could understand what your trying to do, and it seems to me the only way your could change just the quick message divider, and none of the other, is to edit that xml, and make it into a flash able zip containing your modified framework through recovery. I can't think of a way that you could accomplish it with theme chooser.

I have successfully added layout redirections for a few apk's, but anytime I've tried if for the framework, it causes all kinds of issues.

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
I just took a quick look to see if I could understand what your trying to do, and it seems to me the only way your could change just the quick message divider, and none of the other, is to edit that xml, and make it into a flash able zip containing your modified framework through recovery. I can't think of a way that you could accomplish it with theme chooser.

I have successfully added layout redirections for a few apk's, but anytime I've tried if for the framework, it causes all kinds of issues.
Just so we're making sure we're on the same page:

I don't necessarily need the quick message one themed. I would prefer all notification dividers become blue.

This image was taken while I was using the blue dividers for the whole system.

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
Is it possible to remove the notification alpha layer through themechooser?

The line in SystemUI.apk, value, dimens.
Code:
<br />
<item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">100%</item><br />
I know this will remove the notification alpha, but how can I do it in themechooser? Is it possible? Couldn't find anything anywhere relating to the issue.

·
Themer
801 Posts
Is it possible to remove the notification alpha layer through themechooser?

The line in SystemUI.apk, value, dimens.
Code:
<br />
<item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">100%</item><br />
I know this will remove the notification alpha, but how can I do it in themechooser? Is it possible? Couldn't find anything anywhere relating to the issue.
YES, Like this:

com_android_systemui.xml add
Code:
<br />
<item name="dimen/status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">@dimen/status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha</item><br />
and make a dimens.xml in values folder of your theme and add this:

Code:
<br />
    <item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">100.0%</item><br />
Works great on ICS and Jellybean ;-)

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
YES, Like this:

com_android_systemui.xml add
Code:
<br />
<item name="dimen/status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">@dimen/status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha</item><br />
and make a dimens.xml in values folder of your theme and add this:

Code:
<br />
	<item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha">100.0%</item><br />
Works great on ICS and Jellybean ;-)
YOU ARE AWESOME. Thank you thank you thank you. I had my brother test this (I can't cause Vanir already fixed this), and he said the way I did it fixed it. He's a dummy though, 'cause it obviously didn't. Seriously, thanks a ton.

·
Themer
801 Posts
YOU ARE AWESOME. Thank you thank you thank you. I had my brother test this (I can't cause Vanir already fixed this), and he said the way I did it fixed it. He's a dummy though, 'cause it obviously didn't. Seriously, thanks a ton.
Anytime :)

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
So... How would I theme something like Gtalk? What do I name the xml for the drawables? How do I theme third party apps in general?

·
Themer
801 Posts
So... How would I theme something like Gtalk? What do I name the xml for the drawables? How do I theme third party apps in general?
These are general questions you might wanna hit this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=964391
[GUIDE] T-mobile theme engine for the faint at heart (non-linux users)

Everything your asking is on there already.

Edit: fixed..I confuse myself sometimes. :p

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
These are general questions you might wanna hit this thread:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=964391
[GUIDE] T-mobile theme engine for the faint at heart (non-linux users)

Everything your asking is on there already.

Edit: fixed..I confuse myself sometimes. :p
I had seen this. I grabbed Gtalk off my phone, and decompiled it. :) Grabbed the Templatebread.apk and found the xml names, which is useful. Thanks man!

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
I got another one for you:

When I sign and zipalign my apk, for whatever reason, my Preview disappears. You know, the Preview for the theme chooser selection. I use Vanir's compiler, compile the apk, extract the contents of the apk, delete the META-INF folder, compress the contents, sign it using my keys, then zipalign. If I just install the apk straight out of the compiler, it works fine.

·
Themer
801 Posts
I got another one for you:

When I sign and zipalign my apk, for whatever reason, my Preview disappears. You know, the Preview for the theme chooser selection. I use Vanir's compiler, compile the apk, extract the contents of the apk, delete the META-INF folder, compress the contents, sign it using my keys, then zipalign. If I just install the apk straight out of the compiler, it works fine.
What folder do you have it located in? I have mine in the drawable folder and it works fine after zipalign.

601 - 620 of 638 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.