Android OS Forum banner
621 - 638 of 638 Posts

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Found it. How would I edit the layout with theme chooser?
Well, its complicated, and doesn't alway work.

Theres a few step that need to be taken.

First, you need to make the changes in the layout xml in the apk itself, and then recompile the apk as normal.

Next you need to make a layout folder in your theme and put a file in it with the same name as the layout your theming, but just the layout header in it, and no code.

Add a redirect in the gtalk xml for the layout just as you would for images or colors.

Compile the apk.

Then use 7zip to move your layout.xml from the real apk into your theme.apk.

This may or may not work. It all depends on the app.

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
Well, its complicated, and doesn't alway work.

Theres a few step that need to be taken.

First, you need to make the changes in the layout xml in the apk itself, and then recompile the apk as normal.

Next you need to make a layout folder in your theme and put a file in it with the same name as the layout your theming, but just the layout header in it, and no code.

Add a redirect in the gtalk xml for the layout just as you would for images or colors.

Compile the apk.

Then use 7zip to move your layout.xml from the real apk into your theme.apk.

This may or may not work. It all depends on the app.
Lololol. I will give this a try. It's better than nothing. Thanks mate. :)

·
Themer
801 Posts
That didn't work. App won't install now.

How does Dark Jelly do it? That theme is essentially a theme AND inverted apps.
I don't have any layout edits in DarkJelly. I add an inverted zip to theme the ones I can't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Developer Knight
542 Posts
I've got another issue! (So many, I know, I know.)

I've got a guy running Paranoid Android. With my theme applied, it looks like this:

Notice the notification bar overlapping the battery, signal, and part of the navigation bar.

On Blue Infintium, it looks like this:

Perfectly fine. Same with another them "BetterBean".

I've compared my theme vs those two and tried to spot the difference. I've changed several things, but still can't figure out why mine is the odd ball out. Any ideas?

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Hello everybody. Its been quite awhile. I'm working on my own PA kang right now and am seeking some good advice on how to add an accurate battey mod into my source as well as adding the needed menu in settings to be able to control it. I have never had much success in working with this mod so any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
rabbYt droYd
201 Posts
i thought i'd taken care of this before and now it's gone (or i never took care of it)... anybody know where that pesky blue is?

thanks guys and have great weekend!

-rf

ps. i'm having a tough time inverting koush's tabletsms. is the message list in /layout? can it be themed for/with theme chooser?

*edit* haha, i'd misnamed my redirect in the xml, so now clock is fixed. tabletsms is still a no-go
any help is always appreciated.

Attachments

621 - 638 of 638 Posts