Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Android Apprentice
36 Posts
I thought it had pretty much devolved into a bunch of name calling. Ahh, the beer muscles that are provided by the anonymity of forums.
Though I did have to laugh at the post calling others children, as that style of post is inherently childish.
If people want this to be a solid community than we need to address one another as we would in a physical community.
When is the last time you watched someone tell their neighbors that they were acting like children?
There's a reason for that.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

· Android Apprentice
36 Posts
No doubt regarding work place behavior, but that is not the same concept of community as there exists a more hierarchical structure and there is an unspoken competition between everyone where their possible livelihood could be at stake. Whereas in most communities I am referring to are ones where there is much less stratification and for the most part one individual has no true power over another.
The word community and for that matter communism are derived from the term commune or communal, not sure which is first.
And I imagine they are derivations of common. So I more meant situations where the individuals involved for the most part all are in the same situation.
So in those areas no one has dominance over another, excluding within the family. In these cases as in forums there is only one manner, that one can attempt, to assert one's dominance over another. This is achieved, just as in the real world, by speaking down to someone and outright insulting them using any of the many ways we know this can be accomplished, or via a bizzaro combo plan sold at a discount. Especially since this always is found in forum disagreements where the underlying argument is based on opinion or conjecture, neither with tangible factual information as support for one's position.
We may be able to walk upright and use tools, like the computer, at base though we are still animal in nature. Very often these technological advances expose our true animal nature, as they cause the need to acclimate to the technologies but since they grow in power exponentially we as animals can't keep pace to achieve an equilibrium.
Until, I believe, we reach the "singularity ".
Of course everything I have stated has been gleaned from personal observation I synthesized with things learned studying from a wide range of fields over 30 some years.
So while I state the above it has no current factual foundation but more an amalgamation of a multitude of factual foundations. But just because it's derived from these foundations, does not mean it is unto itself wholly factual and unquestionable.
But still I think it has merit, but I should since I am presenting it.
Moderator is both a tough and glory lacking job, where any decision will guarantee dissatisfaction by at least one party. Thanks mods for doing a tough job to the best of your abilities. That is all we can really ask and hope to see in action.
Back to the party.... CANNONBALL!!!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.