Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
that dude
283 Posts
This is an open-source tool that automatically unroots your thunderbolt.

NOTICE: designed for people who used REVOLUTIONARY to root, but probably works fine for other methods.

Great for people not comfortable with adb or fastboot commands, or people who just want everything in one place and made easy.

*THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA, BE WARNED*

This tool will:
  • Install the Fastboot drivers for you (If needed)
  • Unroot in one reboot
This tool will put you at 2.11.605.9 S-ON totally wiped.

This would most likely be used for people that need a warranty replacement.

HUGE thanks to AndroidGod on ThunderboltForums for support, patience, advice, TOTALLY RISKING HIS THUNDERBOLT for testing, and simply being cool.

Also, huge thanks to Sele on ThunderboltForums for putting up this guide: http://bit.ly/ogJh8N. I used the info from that to compile this.

Also, thanks to Jcase on XDA for the other half of the process.

Don't be a kang

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the MD5 Sum of this. It is a very large (~410 MB) file. Here is a freeware MD5 checker if you don't have one:MD5 Checker

PLEASE follow ALL instructions in the program.

I am NOT responsible for any bricked devices. (Standard disclaimer)

AndroidGod and I have tested this, so as long as you check the MD5sum and follow all directions, you should be fine.

FILE:
http://tinyw.in/58CF

MD5 sum is on the download page.

Program now has integrated OTA updates! No more new releases!

If you have any questions or run in to any issues feel free to add me on GTalk: [email protected] . I can reply from about 3:30-10:00 PM EST. If it is outside that time, you can still ask, but there might be a late reply. If you don't have a gmail account, you can just email me at that address.

·
Average Android
148 Posts
Just used the tool and it worked great. Only issue I had was when the tool attempted to copy the stock rom to my sdcard, I got a read-only error. I just manually copied and renamed the file and from there everything was smooth.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I've downloaded this file about 10 times and the checksum never matches and it won't unzip. Is there a problem with the hosted file?

Thanks

·
that dude
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Somebody on thunderbolt forums was having problems downloading too, I'll check it out when I get a chance

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

·
that dude
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay well it is confirmed, goo.im is having some issues with their servers. I'll mirror the files and add the link once they're mirrored

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hey trter10, the file you linked goes straight to download... would you happen to know the md5? I'm in the process of downloading now (even on a fast connection, 410mb takes a while lol)

* Nevermind! It's because I'm logged in to goo, sorry about that. Found the file and see the MD5. Disregard.

·
that dude
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey trter10, the file you linked goes straight to download... would you happen to know the md5? I'm in the process of downloading now (even on a fast connection, 410mb takes a while lol)

* Nevermind! It's because I'm logged in to goo, sorry about that. Found the file and see the MD5. Disregard.
oh alright! Glad you got it :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Average Android
115 Posts
Hi there. Unfortunately, I need to sell my tbolt. I guess I'm gonna go the Craigslist route. I rooted via ADB a year ago and never un-rooted and went back to stock. I did flash an awful lot or ROMs though

At any rate, once I run this to return to stock should I just skip the part where it asks for your gmail account, etc?
Is that all I should do to sell it?
TIA

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
my power button is broken, need to warranty return my phone, will this work? Can I install the zip from Clockwork ROM manager?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts