Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a broken thunderbolt on ebay one night * drunk bidding never turns out good * anyways, the phone arrived and actually turned on even though it was sold as not turning on. So I ordered a lcd and digitizer and while waiting on them to arrive I fixed a crack in the casing with epoxy and bondo, and repainted the case grey. I had the bright idea if painting it white. I'll throw up some pictures soon, the phone isnt all back together yet and I still need to finish polishing the kick stand, but I'll post progress pictures once they are done uploading..

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Heres the crack after sanding down the case

and then the epoxy

lil bondo

and the grey paint

and now white

Also the extended battery back was all scratched up so I roughed it up filled it and sprayed it the grey color, I thought it would be too much white.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Have you had any luck with replacing the screen and lcd yet? I bought one off craigslist for 60 bucks with just a cracked screen and when I put the new screen on it didn't work for crap. So called insurance and now have a brand new TB for 175 all together.

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can type something up, I have a very small amount of body work experience, took it in hs. If I had to do over again I would have used different paint. I used kraylon fusion, which is very flexible and for plastic. I thing regular automotive spraypaint would have been better, something I could have used a clear coat on.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Nice work, would you be able to put a product list, brand of epoxy and or bondo, and paint. I have a bigger crack and i was looking for a good solution to do so. Ive seen replaceable covers for about 50 on ebay, but this is a cheaper way to fix my issue.

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To the one that wants to send me your phone.

Do you have any cracks in it or just need it painted? Email me at [email protected]

Other guy

You can get a stock replacement on eBay for 24.99 shipped, cheaper than I spent on this stuff

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the item number. 260791267848

I used a CA glue of medium consistency, a bondo brand one part spot putty, and I would suggest regular automotive spray paint. All in all youre looking at around thirty in repairs, and after a day of use i can see a hair line crack where the crack was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts