Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Teh Master
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here's my dilemma... I have a Thunderbolt running cyanogen, and I got wind of the htc security breach so I decided to call Verizon and see if I couldn't get a new phone out of them. Well shure enough after alot of work they offered me a bionic at the $300 2 year extended contract price.

I love my ThunderBolt I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (or the d1 :) lol) so, do I spend the upgrade on a bionic and blow $299 or do I stick with the thunderbolt and see what life throws at me?

PS. I will be getting 1 boinic replacement for my dad out of this. he also has a Thunderbolt (un rooted)
 

·
? - ???
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
elliott35 said:
OK so here's my dilemma... I have a Thunderbolt running cyanogen, and I got wind of the htc security breach so I decided to call Verizon and see if I couldn't get a new phone out of them. Well shure enough after alot of work they offered me a bionic at the $300 2 year extended contract price.

I love my ThunderBolt I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (or the d1 :) lol) so, do I spend the upgrade on a bionic and blow $299 or do I stick with the thunderbolt and see what life throws at me?

PS. I will be getting 1 boinic replacement for my dad out of this. he also has a Thunderbolt (un rooted)
I'd wait on the nexus.
I loved moto d1, dx I had both I just wont buy moto anymore until they give-up on using efuse or allow us to fully unlock.
I personally hate the tbolt for battery life, all the crap you have to turn off just to squeeze out a little. Never did that with Moto!
If that nexus sucks I'm going back to razr flipphone fuqit! (j/k)
 

·
Teh Master
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"MikereDD said:
I'd wait on the nexus.
I loved moto d1, dx I had both I just wont buy moto anymore until they give-up on using efuse or allow us to fully unlock.
I personally hate the tbolt for battery life, all the crap you have to turn off just to squeeze out a little. Never did that with Moto!
If that nexus sucks I'm going back to razr flipphone fuqit! (j/k)
Lol I Never had a razr
 

·
I am the Stig
Joined
·
223 Posts
I ended up getting the same thing. My upgrade date was changed from 11/12 to 10/3/11. I am waiting to see what Samsung has to offer on the 11th, and if it is anything close to the rumors, I won't even think about the bionic.
 

·
Teh Master
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Brian said:
I ended up getting the same thing. My upgrade date was changed from 11/12 to 10/3/11. I am waiting to see what Samsung has to offer on the 11th, and if it is anything close to the rumors, I won't even think about the bionic.
Yea I got some 1st tear rep to send me txt confirmation of the upgrade and now I wait :)
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
572 Posts
psycho_maniac said:
I would wait on the galaxy nexus. seriously that phone is gonna be awesome.
But when will it release????? No date in US yet.

I'm in same boat. I have an upgrade but don't know what to buy.

Deciding factor could well be rootability. Not sure if I would ever get a Moto phone again.
 

·
Thriller
Joined
·
481 Posts
But when will it release????? No date in US yet.

I'm in same boat. I have an upgrade but don't know what to buy.

Deciding factor could well be rootability. Not sure if I would ever get a Moto phone again.
Pretty sure you're not going to wait for more than a few weeks for the Nexus considering it's releasing over in Europe not too long from now.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
572 Posts
Yes. Seems like Samsung and HTC are nice to community. I guess that decides my next phone options, eh??

I'm still contemplating thunderbolt as my X is sufficient, but I like the 4g speeds.
 

·
ROM Psycho
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
I love my bionic, with the ext battery I get well above 24 hours. Only issue is the pesky bootloader the phone has but WILL be cracked. If you want a pure android phone thats going to support Devs the nexus should be a good choice (supposedly) has not been release so until a dev gets em in their hands u never know
 

·
Thriller
Joined
·
481 Posts
The Bionic isn't a bad phone from what I've seen and if you definitely want something somewhat futureproof, definitely the Bionic over the Thunderbolt.
 

·
Teh Master
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i decided to keep the thunderbolt i really like the phone. CM7 is nice,im gunna wait till quad core phones
 

·
Teh Master
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, but i really like my thunderbolt and its got a pure experience now lol
plus i dont think that the nexus is worth that much money its really not that big of an upgrade to the other phones so you are paying for stock ICS... thats something that i can do to my thunderbolt. so its kinda a meh thing lol
 

·
The Shadow within Android
Joined
·
562 Posts
If you're running CM7, you're fine for the most part from the HTC leak with Carrier IQ. As before, its mainly coded in the stock kernel so deep that it can't be removed fully. (Deleting the APK apparently doesn't fully solve the problem.) Bionic doesn't look that bad of a phone, but if you're running a custom ROM or something, you're pretty much safe from Carrier IQ getting your texts, browsing data, etc...
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top