Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
  1. Remove garbage bloat!
  2. DON'T remove BLUR_yahoo or BLUR_linkedin or any of those because Contact Storage will crash. If you do, like I did, just restore them by downloading the D3 system dump and extracting the files
  3. Change the wifi scan. Some people like really low scan intervals. I personally prefer them really high since when I'm turning on my wifi, i know there's one nearby. Open up /system/build.prop with root explorer ($1.99 on market) or pull it from your phone to your computer, edit it, and then push it back. you have to mount your system rw, by using "adb shell su mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system"
  4. If you have poor eyesight, or you're helping someone who has trouble reading the tiny text, open up the build.prop and change "ro.sf.lcd_density=230" or "ro.sf.lcd_density=270" or 290 even if they still have trouble. You need to reboot the phone to make the change take place. The only problem i've seen with changing this is your lockscreen icons get out of place. Apart from that, I haven't noticed any other aesthetic problems. Or, download "Blade Buddy" from the market, which can do this for you with a gui.
  5. You can remove the loud droid sound on boot by deleting "/system/media/Droid.ogg".
  6. Remove the Camera and camcorder sounds by deleting "/sytem/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg" and "/sytem/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg"
  7. Remove the Docking shounds by deleting "/sytem/media/audio/ui/Dock.ogg" and "/sytem/media/audio/ui/Undock.ogg".
  8. If you hate the low battery warning sound, delete "/sytem/media/audio/ui/LowBattery.ogg"

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you about the safety. It's just easier to delete them all. And as I said, the system dumps hold all the files you need and even if your phone doesn't boot properly. You can boot into recovery and just push via adb all the system files you need

1 - 2 of 2 Posts