Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Themer
282 Posts
RhinoShock said:
If I go through and look at every file in the system dump and make sure that all of them are on my phone and perform a factory reset, will the phone still brick because I uninstalled system apps?
Download the Droid 3 system dump here and push /app to /system/app BEFORE you do a restore or you will softbrick.... like me. :(

·
Themer
282 Posts
RhinoShock said:
Is the /system folder the only thing that would make the phone brick upon a factory reset? I really need to do a factory reset because I have a limited time window of how long i can return my phone because one of the lights went out on the bottom of the capacitive touch buttons (not that big of a deal I know, but still). I dont want to factory reset it, have it be bricked, and then wind up not being able to return that because verizon would void my warranty. Would it be worth risking bricking the phone to try to factory reset it to return it? D:
If you already pushed the files back and it's working then you have no need to factory reset. Make sure you pull the su binary out of /system/bin and uninstall Superuser.apk.

Also, it's not like they're going to pull open the contacts, see that they crash and accuse you of rooting. As long as the files are present how would they even know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts