Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 474 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yes, these builds will break stuff in V-12. A lot of Roman's changes/add-ons are occuring in SystemUI.apk. That happens to be exactly where the battery icons and some of the other status Icons are stored. Thus, if you flash any of these over top a new rom, you are in effect 'rolling' it back to whatever build I made them from.

I'll try to update them today.

Reactions: NewAge

·
Supporting Member
166 Posts
Yes, these builds will break stuff in V-12. A lot of Roman's changes/add-ons are occuring in SystemUI.apk. That happens to be exactly where the battery icons and some of the other status Icons are stored. Thus, if you flash any of these over top a new rom, you are in effect 'rolling' it back to whatever build I made them from.

I'll try to update them today.
Sweet! That plain text blue battery with no clock and my setup will be nearly complete. Until I want to change it again.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'd love to see a combination of the xoom battery with blue keys. Sucks that one wipes the other! Is it a matter of figuring out what files to drop and switch on the zip?
Yes, Altimax98's soft key mods and my battery icons mod the same file (systemui.apk).
However, if you are pretty comfortable with pulling files from one zip (APK) and inserting into another, then this should be doable. You will need unzip my flashfile & Altimax's. Find /system/app/SystemUI.apk and open it (do not unzip it) with 7-zip or win-rar (an .apk file is really just a zip file). inside the apk is a folder named /res/drawable-xhdpi. Take the images from Altimax's apk and drop them overtop the images in my apk.

You can then open (not unzip) the original flash file and drop the newly modified apk ontop of the original (in /system/app).

Sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

I do not believe that Altimax's files modify any of the xml files (just image edits). Mine however, do have edits to a couple of the battery.xml files in order to make the 1% and charging animations work, so you should probably use my mod as the base, and insert his images into it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, Altimax98's soft key mods and my battery icons mod the same file (systemui.apk).
However, if you are pretty comfortable with pulling files from one zip (APK) and inserting into another, then this should be doable. You will need unzip my flashfile & Altimax's. Find /system/app/SystemUI.apk and open it (do not unzip it) with 7-zip or win-rar (an .apk file is really just a zip file). inside the apk is a folder named /res/drawable-xhdpi. Take the images from Altimax's apk and drop them overtop the images in my apk.

You can then open (not unzip) the original flash file and drop the newly modified apk ontop of the original (in /system/app).

Sounds complicated, but it really isn't.

I do not believe that Altimax's files modify any of the xml files (just image edits). Mine however, do have edits to a couple of the battery.xml files in order to make the 1% and charging animations work, so you should probably use my mod as the base, and insert his images into it.
Thanks!! I'll try this tonight. I am not sure why but the phone.apk started to force close so i had to restore to a backup. I'll do a clean install tonight when i come back home!

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
edit: Not working for me. Status bar and bottom buttons keep disappearing after flash. Running Build 12 of AOKP. Tried circle and right battery. Wiped cache and dalvik.
I've tried all but the Xoom one (I usually use either Diginum or Circle myself) and they seem to be working.
Try reflashing your rom, and completely booting into it. Then reboot recovery and install the zip. I have had an issue or two when trying to flash the mod overtop the rom before booting into it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought it did. Are you getting the old text based controls?
Correct, it has the text controls rather than the icons. I do have the correct battery meter as indicated by the file/link. I can try to reflash just to be sure too. Thanks for checking!

Update - same thing after a reflash. Thanks again for your time and efforts!

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I store these in my public dropbox account, and after getting this working yesterday, I quickly re-generated all of the files. I may have forgotten to copy that file over onto my DropBox. I just re-copied the Blue-right file.

Clear your browser cache and try to re-download it.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Build 13 Teaser... having some trouble with the brightness slider layout .. and trying to figure out how to get rid of the ICS blue fonts without recompiling framework (apktool is having trouble with framework)...

41 - 60 of 474 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.