Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
Greetings, Programs!

Welcome to the official development thread of Touchdroid, by the Touchdroid team. As part of the open Android and RootzWiki communities, we want to make our Android port as open as possible, and providing development insight to all of our users. Since we are just beginning, this threads original post and two or three following posts will be reserved for future use by the team as this will be updated frequently over time.

Thank you, and please be patient as we develop this project more, and clean up these posts.

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
DOWNLOADS
  1. Full webOS Doctor Image... modified by me with some juicy enhancements including auto DEVMODE, pre partitioned 2GB EXT3 partition (For chroot shell OSs and such), and preinstalled Preware with development feeds enabled!Link pulled until we get a fix.

MORE COMING SOON

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments and donations everyone! It really means a lot to us

neowiz73 said:
Just donated a 10 spot. This should be interesting. got my touchpad and I'm tinkering around with the webos.
Oh and all do respect to the dev team. But if there is a plan for a GB build I'm skeptical how that will work with the one button option on the touchpad. I'm thinking might as well go for honeycomb or ics. Just sayin... ;)
We're planning on having a screen based button system similar to Honeycomb within Gingerbread.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
jbruchon said:
I have a 32GB TouchPad, and I've already taken the liberty of installing the stuff needed to get a root console going on my laptop via USB. I'm not really sure what to do yet, but I have found info on getting it to USB boot other kernels and such. The problem is I've built tons of stock Linux kernels, but never any Android ones, so I'm not certain where to go next. If anyone wants info i.e. the contents of /proc/interrupts or such, let me know :)

Relevant links that I have found helpful so far:
http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Portal:Accessing_Linux
http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery

Adding my offer to help the team in any way possible!
I followed both of those as mentioned earlier in this thread. When I open up novaterm and hit connect with localhost I receive the unhanded exception error below. I have the 32Gb Model as well. (P.s I helped port Android to the HTC Kaiser II quite a while ago, (mainly the wifi drivers) I will be trying to contribute to this project as much as possible. Very excited about this tablet.)

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking <br />
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.<br />
<br />
************** Exception Text **************<br />
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.<br />
   at novaterm.novacom.Connection.GetCommandResponse()<br />
   at novaterm.Form1.connectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)<br />
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)<br />
<br />
<br />
************** Loaded Assemblies **************<br />
mscorlib<br />
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0<br />
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib]file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib[/URL].dll<br />
----------------------------------------<br />
novaterm<br />
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0<br />
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/novaterm]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/novaterm[/URL].exe<br />
System.Windows.Forms<br />
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms]file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms[/URL].dll<br />
System<br />
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System]file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System[/URL].dll<br />
System.Drawing<br />
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing]file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing[/URL].dll<br />
TerminalControl<br />
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3493.42185<br />
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3493.42185<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/TerminalControl]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Palm/SDK/bin/TerminalControl[/URL].DLL<br />
System.Configuration<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration]file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration[/URL].dll<br />
System.Xml<br />
    CodeBase: [URL=file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml]file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml[/URL].dll<br />
<br />
************** JIT Debugging **************<br />
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this<br />
application or computer (machine.config) must have the<br />
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.<br />
The application must also be compiled with debugging<br />
enabled.<br />
<br />
For example:<br />
<br />
<configuration><br />
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /><br />
</configuration><br />
<br />
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception<br />
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer<br />
rather than be handled by this dialog box.<br />
<br />
<br />

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Dox said:
I followed both of those as mentioned earlier in this thread. When I open up novaterm and hit connect with localhost I receive the unhanded exception error below. I have the 32Gb Model as well. (P.s I helped port Android to the HTC Kaiser II quite a while ago, (mainly the wifi drivers) I will be trying to contribute to this project as much as possible. Very excited about this tablet.)
I can't help you with that; I use Win7 64-bit, installed the Java 7 JDK, VirtualBox 3.2 (since 4.x don't work with the PDK), the SDK/PDK for WebOS, and I had to manually put Novaterm in the correct folder (64-bit uses "Program Files (x86)" and run it from an elevated command prompt by changing directories into C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin and typing novaterm.

In any case, there's enough info on the WebOS Internals site to boot a kernel and such, so at least the bootloader challenge isn't immediately present like on some phones...

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ericerk said:
Is this gonna run off of the sd card like the hd2, or will we be able to re write the whole system and make this our main os, because if (and when) i get mine i know that i'm gonna wanna run full android instead of webos xDD
There is no external/removable memory on the Touchpad except using a flash drive/hard drive over the USB port, so you are going to have to flash the entire system. We do have a oneclick tool to do this, though

ctrlaltdel said:
Is there any chance of dual-booting? because webOS isn't the worst thing in the world, it has some redeeming qualities.
Not going to be a top priority at first (Top priority is getting it stable and necessary parts working), but it may be possible in the future

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
A couple of things.

First off, Add me to the team to help. Some of you guys may know me from XDA. I'm an accomplished Android ROM developer. Creator of the Warm roms and founder of Synergy now on 8 Android devices.

Second, I see a TON off off-topic discussion not related to the progress of this port. This is great but we really should focus on the prize here. I realize everyone is excited.

Third, What progress if any has been made on this port thus far?

Thanks guys.
-myn

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
myn said:
A couple of things.

First off, Add me to the team to help. Some of you guys may know me from XDA. I'm an accomplished Android ROM developer. Creator of the Warm roms and founder of Synergy now on 8 Android devices.

Second, I see a TON off off-topic discussion not related to the progress of this port. This is great but we really should focus on the prize here. I realize everyone is excited.

Third, What progress if any has been made on this port thus far?

Thanks guys.
-myn
Shoot me an email, please.... [email protected]

cmakar said:
I had a question about who is developing the "App Player" for the Blackberry Playbook? If they can do this for the Playbook, I would assume that the same can be done with the HP Touchbook.. This would at least allow users to use the slick multitasking features of Web OS and give access to all of these Android store apps until a port of Gingerbread, ICS or Honeycomb. I was also interested if anyone was able to get the 64MB edition that was briefly released. I was going to call HP and see if they are selling anything. $99.00 for 16GB, %149 for the 32 ... possible $200 - $250 for the 64GB version. This would be better for allocating more partition space if it can be partitioned. I read something about this briefly in another post.
We would get sued by Oracle for not having a DalvikVM license in about 3 seconds after we release it for a couple million dollars... so I doubt we would be able to release anything like that. As for the 64GB touchpad, I havent heard anyone getting it, but if it is for sale I would consider buying it (collectors item?)

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
http://www.uplinq.com/sites/default/files/images/Snapdragon-Lab-Creating-Custom-Drivers.pdf

The Android Release available for the APQ8060 is:
- Android 2.3.3_r1 (Gingerbread)
- Linux Kernel 2.6.35-7
• The Android Source Code Release downloaded from :
- http://www.codeaurora.org
• Detailed instructions can be found at :
- https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/
• Get Source by using :
- $repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread_rel -m M8660AAABQNLYA109002.xml
- $ repo sync
Should just have to use/merge the HP touchpad kernel into the above...

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
Alright guys...we're all excited that everyone got this tablet for dirt cheap. But the op has CLEARLY stated that this is a development thread. If you can lend to development in more ways than "Hey, I can test!" or "I got mine cheap!" then by all means post. Till then, I'll be keeping this thread clean. Please feel free to discuss where you bought yours or that'd you would like to test in another thread. Not trying to be a mean guy, but we need to respect these developers and let them do what they do best. Good luck fellas.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sorry for not being highly active in this thread guys. I believe I can speak for the team when I say that we are being pulled in a million directions so you can understand that hopefully. IRC is very active and a great place to get info. Please, refrain from posting anything on here other than pure development on this device. Less crap to sift through == much easier to work with.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Hi Thomas, et-al,
I'm willing to help develop wherever I can. I'm a long-time internals/embedded guy (although that's a while back; have been doing VoIP stuff past 3 years, and Palm development before that). I'm pretty much a novice with Linux, though; I'll probably ask some dumb questions as I get going... I'm comfortable working at loader/systems/driver level - just haven't done so with Linux.

Skills - code C in my sleep, used to do x86 assembler, C++ semi-ok, JavaScript beginner, Java also beginner level, network protocols, other misc stuff

Was doing a bit of webOS work for a client - up until Thursday, of course... I got the TouchPad as part of the pay. (and *then* they dropped the price... oh, well...)

Also, I'm nearby; in Needham - easy to meet in real life if that's helpful.
(fwiw, I used to hang around MIT when I was 15, also)

- Al Weiner -

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.