Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Slacker
158 Posts
"jiwanish said:
I bought an HP touchpad on Sunday morning from a best buy in oklahoma city. To my surprise, when I turned it on yesterday it was running Android 2.2.1. I think this was a testing device from the qualcomm factory because when I turn it on after the hp logo, there is a logo that shows up that states qualcomm innovation center. It is running android currently without a market. It has some production applications on it, but I am not able to run them. I don't know what kind of help I can be but if anyone needs any information from my device I will be able to help. I am not as technically savy as most people on this website, because I am not a developer, just a tech enthusiast. Please let me know if I can be of anyhelp.

Here are some pictures showing information from the touchpad:
He only has one post, have you heard anything trsohmers?

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
jiwanish said:
I bought an HP touchpad on Sunday morning from a best buy in oklahoma city. To my surprise, when I turned it on yesterday it was running Android 2.2.1. I think this was a testing device from the qualcomm factory because when I turn it on after the hp logo, there is a logo that shows up that states qualcomm innovation center. It is running android currently without a market. It has some production applications on it, but I am not able to run them. I don't know what kind of help I can be but if anyone needs any information from my device I will be able to help. I am not as technically savy as most people on this website, because I am not a developer, just a tech enthusiast. Please let me know if I can be of anyhelp.

View attachment 2016 View attachment 2015
I'm in Oklahoma City also and have all the development tools setup on my netbook. I know Linux very well and have been tinkering with Android for the past year and can help if needed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
chessmaster W/nook said:
He only has one post, have you heard anything trsohmers?
And you got 5, what does that mean?
We got nothing to lose and got everything to win if he is telling the truth.

Flatspin, contact him via email or private message and get exchange cellphone numbers or something

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
vareblade said:
And you got 5, what does that mean?
We got nothing to lose and got everything to win if he is telling the truth.

Flatspin, contact him via email or private message and get exchange cellphone numbers or something
Last I heard he's apparently sending the touchpad over to Jerry at Android Central.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I've sent him a PM and trsohmers an email. I keep dropping into IRC but all they talk about is where to buy one. ugh...

Anyway, my email is my nick at gmail.com. If anyone has contact info on this guy, drop me a line and we can get this ball rolling.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I'm no expert at the linux kernel, but i do know Java, some C, and have a good bit of experience in unix. I also know a good bit of web development and app development. although i might not be much help, I'd love to help somehow. If nothing else, I might be able to help with creating a better website for the project.

If there is anyway i can help with the project, please feel free to PM me.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
jiwanish said:

View attachment 2016 View attachment 2015
GPS Version ID {0x00} = 0x02,0x02,0x00,0x00
GPS Latitude Reference {0x01} = N
GPS Latitude {0x02} = 30/1,36/1,1031/100 [degrees, minutes, seconds] ===> 30° 36′ 10.31″ == 30.602864°
GPS Longitude Reference {0x03} = W
GPS Longitude {0x04} = 96/1,20/1,640/100 [degrees, minutes, seconds] ===> 96° 20′ 6.4″ == 96.335111°

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.602864,-96.335111&z=15

Am I not right? ;D You drove pretty far for a Touchpad. 370 Miles...

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Hi I am not the user that put it up on ebay, but I am the one that posted earlier on this post. The following is the link to the video that I have posted.

I am willing to help developers right now provided the touchpad stays in my possession. I bought the touchpad in Oklahoma city while on a family trip.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
jiwanish said:
Hi I am not the user that put it up on ebay, but I am the one that posted earlier on this post. The following is the link to the video that I have posted.

I am willing to help developers right now provided the touchpad stays in my possession. I bought the touchpad in Oklahoma city while on a family trip.
Sweet! What city do you live in ?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I am hoping since Texas A&M University is in the same city I can find some developers that can help me create a dumped image file. I have emailed trsohmers to see if he can help me as well. I will be actively checking this page to see where I can receive the help from.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
ok straight up the dump should be simply easy. All i know how to get is the system folder which should help with later on Honeycomb ports.

First download the Android SDK found here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html for whatever os you have. Let me know once you have it downloaded and extracted to a folder. Also let me know which OS you are on Windows/mac/linux etc.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I have downloaded the SDK and am on the chat through rootzwiki if you can find me on there I can follow and communicate via chat

41 - 60 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.