Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rootzwiki and All fans and Supporters:

Touchdroid is glad to bring you the first and only working FULL TOUCHSCREEN SUPPORT! SPECIAL THANKS GO TO FLEMMARD ON THE TEAM! FOR LONG HARD WORK!

This has turned into a large group effort over at irc.freenode.net #touchdroid and our private members. I am very glad to see things going well. And, I want to thank everyone involved.

-1st rule is no ETA's!
There is no ETA. There never will be. So, do not ask. Why? Because we have no idea ourselves.*

-Will we give status updates?
No. We have no plans to give public status updates until something is wroth saying and/or showing. If we do it will be on via RootzWiki. I may also give occasional updates via twitter @rhcp011235 and @HPTouchDroid

-What doesn't work?
Everything except basic booting + working touchscreen which was #1 and we got full 10 finger touchscreen.

Please keep this thread clean. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly.

NEW CLEAR VIDEO: Thanks to fnj

VIDEO:*http://team-touchdroid.com/

Special Thanks and Credits: fnj00 for hosting and his amazing video talent and editing :) , Flemmard for his amazing touchscreen work,

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
sweet! Now don't take the as an eta question, but what are the next obstacles, like whats working and what's not at this time?

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
altimax98- see above, copied here

"-What doesn't work?
Everything except basic booting + working touchscreen which was #1 and we got full 10 finger touchscreen.

Please keep this thread clean. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly.

NEW CLEAR VIDEO: Thanks to fnj"

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Hi

I'm sure you guys have this internally, but I'm wondering if someone created a wiki page or something where you guys mapped out milestones. First was multi boot, second was multi-touch on the screen, next will be the wifi driver, etc.

I believe the idroid project has something similar and it'll give people an idea of whats being worked on, whats working, etc.

Just a thought.

Love the work. Good luck!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Not wanting to put a dampener on things, but there should be considerable credit given also to green-- and jonpry, for their work at CyanogenMod in getting the touchscreen working for single touches.

What is unfortunately omitted from this was that their work was essential to this development by Flemmard.

Credit where credit is due :)

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Thanks for this video.

We will all be watching in the comming weeks.

I am confused tho, who figured out the drivers? Is another team trying to take credit for your work?

Or is it just a missunderstanding on a joint effort?

Regardless......GO TEAM GO.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
SaveU said:
Thanks for this video.

We will all be watching in the comming weeks.

I am confused tho, who figured out the drivers? Is another team trying to take credit for your work?

Or is it just a missunderstanding on a joint effort?

Regardless......GO TEAM GO.
Not 100% sure, but it's sounding like code was stolen from CM team from what I have read.

·
Supporting Member
273 Posts
g00s3y said:
Not 100% sure, but it's sounding like code was stolen from CM team from what I have read.
As far as I understand it.. CM team (green, etc) got single touch working, someone saw the code on pastebin, took it, figured out multi touch, then presented the video and didn't give credit to CM team. At least thats what TWITTER is saying.. NOT ME. so dont flame ;) I'm just happy to see you guys still chugging away.. nice job,

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
TheRealBeesley said:
As far as I understand it.. CM team (green, etc) got single touch working, someone saw the code on pastebin, took it, figured out multi touch, then presented the video and didn't give credit to CM team. At least thats what TWITTER is saying.. NOT ME. so dont flame ;) I'm just happy to see you guys still chugging away.. nice job,
Yeah something isn't right. I will not accuse anymore people of kanging but this needs to be resolved

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Folks, some people are looking into this (and have been ever since within a couple minutes of dalingrin's post). They're making sure they have all the facts straight before doing anything. If you would like to contribute additional feedback on this, please utilize the Report mechanism on any post that you'd like to provide additional feedback on.

We appreciate you all keeping comments professional and appropriate (you've all done well so far). :)

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
I love CM and all but seems any time something is done some how it was stolen from CM. seems CM needs credit for everything now a days. I hope google credits them when they release firmware too!

Who knows, maybe it was kanged but tired of hearing everyone is kanging from them, keep ur code private then til your done.

Or they put it there so someone could finish bc they couldnt but want there basic credit now and credit to the discovery of multi touch too.

Slayher did it right with his tbolt ril code, but seems no one else in cm can do the same. didnt release til he felt it was done and no one could take credit for it.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Honestly, if Touchdroid were to be the first to come out with a ROM for HP Touchpad, I'd wait till CM came out cause too much sneaky, deceptive stuff going on for me to trust them with the information on my Touchpad.

Thanks for all your hard work CM team.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
With the high bounty CM guys should be smarter and not release any code or make a video showing what they accomplished. shouldnt have to but gonna be shady people bc of the money.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I have an even better idea! Why don't both teams WORK TOGETHER, and then they can split the bounty 50/50 and we get our Android on TP even faster!! Everybody wins!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.