Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
a few days ago, one of the people in the #touchdroid freenode irc channel got someone from Cypress to send them source to a android touchscreen driver that would support the touchpad, not someone from the CM team, I'm not clear who is part of the CM team for the Touchpad (besides dalingrin), but Jonpry, rhcp, flemmard and the rest of the crew on the #touchdroid channel have made alot of progress. I'm guessing that this is slightly modified Cypress driver source, so if anyone made a breakthrough, it would have been done sooner or later by the other party. Since there hasn't been a real outcry from any dev. I would just assume that at most a 'mention' of help from anybody was overlooked at most, and that nobody stole anything. The people that frequent these forums should quit trolling here, and just read the #touchdroid channel (for god's sake please don't post on there)

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Basically from what the CM team has been saying is that someone took their code and modified it. Hell, Flemmard confirmed that in the #CMTouchPad room this morning and said he was going to share it with them.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
"2011-09-06 23:09:53 rhcp[linux]: I have no idea where anything came from. I am the project head. team leader. I heard it PART came from a ANONYMOUS pastebin"

Kinda hard to believe that these guys were the ones who made this happen, when their "projectheadteamleader" has no idea wtf is going on.

·
Android Apprentice
105 Posts
How about instead of arguing and fighting about who did what you just support these teams in their efforts to bring us android, something we all want! Speaking as a developer (sortof) I can tell you that the only thing that made me want to give it up sometimes was all the bickering and fighting among users and developers. someone would make something and in an instant everyone turns into 3 year olds fighting over a toy. If you ever want to see android on the touchpad, i think it's best to support everyone who is actually advancing that cause, regardless of where you think they got their source code to modify.

I agree that it's important to give credit where it's due, but it's also important to have all the facts before you start flaming someone who is putting considerable time and effort into something that will help the community as a whole. You can't just believe everything you read on twitter these days guys.

In short: Grow UP!!

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Slywalker, I think that some of the people deep down want to know who actually gets the credit because touchdroid is again asking for donations. They are kind of going about this in such a way that it seems they are looking to become famous or gain some money out of something they possibly didn't do themselves. Which IS a big deal. It is unfortunate that it has come to something so small and I wish they could just work together, but for now this is how it is. I hope for a release from either side, but if I am going to put my trust in any "team" to do the right, ethical things with my money it would the CM. Regardless, after all this is done and android is ported, think of the opportunities that would be open to them - being able to put that they worked on such a huge project on a resume would be killer.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
sonofskywalker3 said:
How about instead of arguing and fighting about who did what you just support these teams in their efforts to bring us android, something we all want! Speaking as a developer (sortof) I can tell you that the only thing that made me want to give it up sometimes was all the bickering and fighting among users and developers. someone would make something and in an instant everyone turns into 3 year olds fighting over a toy. If you ever want to see android on the touchpad, i think it's best to support everyone who is actually advancing that cause, regardless of where you think they got their source code to modify.

I agree that it's important to give credit where it's due, but it's also important to have all the facts before you start flaming someone who is putting considerable time and effort into something that will help the community as a whole. You can't just believe everything you read on twitter these days guys.

Here's the thing. So far RHCP has come up with NOTHING. He's basically just there leeching off the people in the TouchDroid team who are actually developing this stuff. All he's doing is playing in MS Paint. Also dalingrin even confirmed it on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin/status/111188351733870594

And

https://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin/status/111209349136908289

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
sonofskywalker3 said:

I agree. There really is no point flaming each other bc everyone working on this is doing so in their spare time and own will. Even leading is nt easy so don't flame rhcp for doing what he does. Just appreciate each and everyone that poured effort into this project. Thank you rhcp, jonpry, flemmard, green, and everyone else involved, for your work. Please forgive the people who are flaming. Some people just can't keep their opinions to themselves. Looking forward to what's coming next..:smile3:

·
Android Apprentice
105 Posts
Team_eP said:
Slywalker, I think that some of the people deep down want to know who actually gets the credit because touchdroid is again asking for donations. They are kind of going about this in such a way that it seems they are looking to become famous or gain some money out of something they possibly didn't do themselves. Which IS a big deal. It is unfortunate that it has come to something so small and I wish they could just work together, but for now this is how it is. I hope for a release from either side, but if I am going to put my trust in any "team" to do the right, ethical things with my money it would the CM. Regardless, after all this is done and android is ported, think of the opportunities that would be open to them - being able to put that they worked on such a huge project on a resume would be killer.
Thank you for this eloquent and well written rebuttal. It is a good point you bring up, but as I never donate to a work in progress (too many people have taken the money and run) I hadn't really considered that.

L33t Masta said:
Here's the thing. So far RHCP has come up with NOTHING. He's basically just there leeching off the people in the TouchDroid team who are actually developing this stuff. All he's doing is playing in MS Paint. Also dalingrin even confirmed it on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin/sta...88351733870594

And

https://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin/sta...09349136908289
Not saying he's lying, but why does dalingrin saying it make it true? Team Touchdroid has their own story (which may sound fishy, but again just saying something doesn't make it true) I could just as easily tweet that dalingrin stole the source from me, but since I don't have a reputation no one would believe me. I'm just going to need some proof before I believe what anyone says, no matter who. Well, except Adrynalyn.... I trust him.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
"L33t Masta said:
Why would the CM team lie? They've been around for a long time and have a great reputation. On the other hand RHCP has a terrible reputation which is why so many refused to work with him.
Apparently the source for the touchscreen driver that touchdroid is using is completely different from what was found on Pastebin. So how about everyone shutup until all is said and done and source can actually be compared instead of preemptively pointing fingers.

·
Android Apprentice
105 Posts
L33t Masta said:
Why would the CM team lie? They've been around for a long time and have a great reputation. On the other hand RHCP has a terrible reputation which is why so many refused to work with him.
Not saying they're lying, might just be assuming that Touchdroid "stole" their code without allowing for the possibility of them getting it from another source, like they claim.

times_infinity said:
Apparently the source for the touchscreen driver that touchdroid is using is completely different from what was found on Pastebin. So how about everyone shutup until all is said and done and source can actually be compared instead of preemptively pointing fingers.
Not saying if this is true or not because again, there's no proof either way, just hearsay and claims, but just remember, there's two sides to every story.

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Whats a *SECRET* CM Code is doing on a Pastebin? If it was that secret who pasted it ?

Smells like a fishmart in here...

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I just happen to have a GIANT "private" chat log from the #TouchDroid dev team channel that basically has RHCP asking someone to make the CM code work but then make it look like it's not their code. RHCP knowingly stole their code and wanted to hide it and claim it for his own.

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
BatNode said:
I just happen to have a GIANT "private" chat log from the #TouchDroid dev team channel that basically has RHCP asking someone to make the CM code work but then make it look like it's not their code. RHCP knowingly stole their code and wanted to hide it and claim it for his own.
Can we see the transcript???

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Yea after reading the log, even if TouchDroid gets a release first, I won't install it til CM comes out. For all we know they will put something in their release that tracks our personal information and stuff. Shady group of people. RHCP should learn from this.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.