Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Hello Rootzwiki and All fans and Supporters:

Touchdroid is glad to bring you our first demo video. Sorry, For the long wait, We wanted to show you our full progress so far.

This has turned into a large group effort over at irc.freenode.net #touchdroid and our private members. I am very glad to see things going well. And, I want to thank everyone involved.

-1st rule is no ETA's!
There is no ETA. There never will be. So, do not ask. Why? Because we have no idea ourselves.

-Will we give status updates?
No. We have no plans to give public status updates until something is wroth saying and/or showing. If we do it will be on via RootzWiki. I may also give occasional updates via twitter @rhcp011235

-What is working as of now?
We have dual boot working as you can see in the video. It can boot both android + webos. At the moment we are utilizing one kernel for both OS's. This may change in the future. You may ask why? Simple answer is we don't have units to spear to science. Many of the developers working on this, Do Not Have Units. And the Few that do once they brick we have to wait on HP to repair them. (which will only slow development)

-What doesn't work?
Pretty much everything :) Touchscreen is #1 on the list. As we want to be able to use it to test different things. I have a few plans on how to get this done. I will not describe them here.

Please keep this thread clean. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly.

NEW CLEAR VIDEO: Thanks to fnj

VIDEO: http://team-touchdroid.com/

Please do not mirror this video with consent from me.

Original Intro video By: http://www.youtube.com/AndroidGuy31

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Why are people unable to get the touchscreen drivers from the newer dump, or if that is garbage as some have said straight from Jiwanish?

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MY05GLI said:
Dual Boot! awesome! how much space is lost with that?
Hey there,

Nice question.

Aprox: ~2GB atm. Which is all done in the LVM and can be re-sized at any time. Say HC comes / ICS and it needs more space you can just simply re-size.

·
Android Lover
232 Posts
LukeS said:
Why are people unable to get the touchscreen drivers from the newer dump, or if that is garbage as some have said straight from Jiwanish?
something about them being rolled into the kernel and there is no source . At least that's what I got from watching them in irc. They are currently reaching out to the touchscreen manufacturer for driver support as they just recently entered the OHA so they should be Open Source. They also have a plan B :)

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
piiman said:
something about them being rolled into the kernel and there is no source . At least that's what I got from watching them in irc. They are currently reaching out to the touchscreen manufacturer for driver support as they just recently entered the OHA so they should be Open Source. They also have a plan B :)
You are correct in your statement. I have reached out. and, waiting on a response. Hopefully a good one.

·
Average Android
84 Posts
rhcp011235 said:
Hey there,

Nice question.

Aprox: ~2GB atm. Which is all done in the LVM and can be re-sized at any time. Say HC comes / ICS and it needs more space you can just simply re-size.
Great work! keep it up! and big big thanx!

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Kudos once again to the dev team. This is a remarkably fast turnaround for such a port. Really nice work all around.

Question related to the space concerns of dual booting. Are both OSs capable of accessing files on the same filesystem? Obviously, I wouldn't expect WebOS to be able to run an Android app, but if I put together a directory of mp3 files somewhere on the filesystem, will each OS be able to access the files? I would think so, but don't know the constraints of each OS. Thanks again for such quick work.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
aredubya said:
Kudos once again to the dev team. This is a remarkably fast turnaround for such a port. Really nice work all around.

Question related to the space concerns of dual booting. Are both OSs capable of accessing files on the same filesystem? Obviously, I wouldn't expect WebOS to be able to run an Android app, but if I put together a directory of mp3 files somewhere on the filesystem, will each OS be able to access the files? I would think so, but don't know the constraints of each OS. Thanks again for such quick work.
I would think so. I'm by no means a programmer but I have pretty good understanding of linux and android, and from what I understand Android uses an ext partition for its OS, and the SD card has to be a FAT partition. So since it'll be a separate partition I would assume both webOS and android could read what you put on your sd card partition

1 - 20 of 33 Posts