Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
How would I be able to try out the open multi cmd on my tp that has bootie working but won't accept doctor or your tp img to reset the partitions. To see if my emmc is bad

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
I'm not saying that this will fix your problem. You asked how to test openMulti cmd and the easiest way to do that is to just follow the instructions in OP.

I am curious to know if you get the same openMulti error that others get, get some other error or if it (unlikely, I think) fixes the problem.

Please let us know what happens.

The results from that post seem (to me) inconsistent with the results from his other post.

I will try to put together improved instructions and/or method for grabbing the klogs soon.
I understand. I'm not worried if it comes back to life. Just really curious about the problem it has. And since it's a friends its his loss. Lol

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
did anyone use this to recover a HP touchpad with readonly access to ROM.
Its a mode in which, everytime you reboot you loose all the app / data etc you installed.
I suspect the device is booting from a backup copy and not saving new changes.

Yes I have tried Dr & it fails after 12%.
I bought it used, basically someone sold me a lemon.
I see gradular had asked the same question, no one confirmed/ denied.

thanks
TTK
Try nocacom boot to jcsullins tp Toolbox uImage on his goo.im account

By the way when I have time you can pm me and if any want we can cross loop if you want and I can try to remotely fix it. Free of charge of course. I have done this with the galaxy nexus as well. It's a secure remote sharing program.

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
would you have a link for the installer for unbuntu easy installer there are a few dont know which one to dl please bare with me im still learning!!!!!

Sent from my myTouch 4g using RootzWiki
Let me find it I will report in a short time. In the theater

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/windows-installer?distro=wubi&release=&bits=
Ok this is the easiest way I find. Choose the 12.04lts on the right. It's a step by step process easy as pie.

thanks bro im going crazy with this tp going dead i just made a partition so i hope it will work this way!!!

If you need help ill be in irc ##tpdebrick

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
Edit :side note too. Oracle virtualbox theoretically should work the same. Just have to tell the virtual machine that you are sending the usb over to the guest is (Ubuntu)

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
Yes i borrowed a newer laptop from my nephew and gonna try it when i get done eating ill keep you posted,and yes it is 32 bit!!!

I flash Linux all the time on a pc I bought in 2005 I'm not sure what wrong. Maybe it can't find the drivers? I'm not sure but have you checked the hard drive for errors? I use hard disk Sentinel its great

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
Crossing my fingers the tp is now blinking should i turn it on yet or let it charge and will all my settings be the same or will i have to webdr it man thanks for the help and jcsullins u are the freakin shizznit for making this work,we not worthy,we not worthy and bryant and grad thanks for your links help and pointers i hope when i turn it on that it boots to moboot and my factory usb cord is shot but the barrel is fine can i use a nexus tablet usb cord will it still charge the touchpad and thanks again for all the help!!!!!:) :):) :):):)EDIT:all is fine all my settings are there thanks again for everything and too all those who helped if i shut down from moboot will the tp still charge???

Yeah I would reboot to moboot then shutdown from moboot

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
Ok im home im installing unbuntu installer on laptop will let you know what happens and yeah i think it needs to be fixed does that sentinal program fix the issues on the hardrive,im going usb route he has to much stuff on hard drive

On more thing. On the borrowed laptop if you want to delete Ubuntu it will show up in the uninstall programs in control panel and to make sure delete the partition then use easybcd to flash back the original bootloader for Windows. The bcd is just in case so you can reboot back to windows. Sometimes these un install goes awry.

Edit : then use the partition manager to extend windows back

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
I added it to usb stick so all is good the tp booted up fine and went to moboot hit shut down and letting it charge now thanks again bryan for all your pointers and help i was going crazy !!:)

Must have been that old computer. Lol

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
Using USB pass through via a virtual machine with windows as a host is going to fail, I've tried this myself many times.
On another note,
I am passing on thanks from 3 serving marines who borough their TP to me to fix, I could have just sat down and fixed my myself but they showed interest in how it's done so we went through the steps by hand using JC's current V004 guide,
All 3 fixed and running in less than a hour.
3 very happy marines.
Semper Fi
I've given them JC's details for Beer pong donations.

I've made a cash offer for one unit so that I can continue my dev work with a real device and not running on theory all the time.

Oh non had any further issues after the debrick, no QOD or qdload errors.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair
What are they doing in your neck of the woods? Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts