Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have the white battery of death on my TP. I tried to follow the instructions on page 1 but I couldn't even get to that because I couldn't get my usb drive to act as a boot device to run unbuntu. Can someone help me set up the flash drive so it can be bootable? The instructions seem simple enough with TPdebrick but I need to get unbuntu running first.

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI

I am new to this thread and I am new to trying to fix my TP. I followed the instructions on the first page using TPdebrick and I too am getting the fastboot error message. It runs through all the steps fairly quickly and at the end it says "E: Unable to locate package android-tools-fastboot". Then it says "install fastboot failed"

Then it says "aborted"

When I read the replies to fix the problem, it says to use unbuntu 12.04 32 bit which I did and I still get the same result. I also tried the newest version of unbuntu and still the same.

Can someone out there help a newbie and a novice to unbuntu to add these missing files?

Also during the steps on page one, I too hold down the 3 button combo and the pad does not respond. Is that normal or is the pad expected to do somehitng?

Thank you

PS I am running tpdebrick v005

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are referring to my post, no I did not read through all 170 pages but I followed the instructions on page one to the letter. I used the software versions exactly and followed every step exactly. I still get the error messages I posted previously. In fact I read the next couple of posts on page one which asked the same questions I have but I do not know how to add the missing software to my bootable usb drive. I tried using more up to date versions of unbuntu and tpdebrick to see if they would help only after using the ones specified without success. I do no know the first thing about unbuntu but I am trying. I am just asking for a little guidance to try to bring my TP back to life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts