Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Your personal savior & black Jesus
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried the P3's ROM? If so what are you thoughts/comments?

I'm not going to link to it because I don't know the rules on that sort of thing & if you know who P3 is or where he hangs out this shouldn't be an issue for you.

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
Bout to load that sucker up right now. Considering the amount of leaks and other this P3 has brought us Im expecting it'll be pretty kickass.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Bout to load that sucker up right now. Considering the amount of leaks and other this P3 has brought us Im expecting it'll be pretty kickass.
Or it will boot loop as it appears to be doing to everyone in his forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it bootloops like crazy. I had to install the original release, then v5, then v51 for it to work. It's almost like it doesn't know it has to launch the Setup Wizard for the first boot.

·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P3 liiies. Here are two things wrong with P3's logic.
1) I challenge you to find version 5.
2) It still bootloops even installing 5 to 5.1.

Like I said I got it installed but I had to go original to 5 to 5.1. Frankly not impressed & wasn't worth the extra effort to get it installed.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
Mydroidworld.com or the tbh app or he tweeted the link earlier.. There's 2 versions of 5 and 5.1. One with SMS lock screen and one with gtalk lock screen. P3 is more reliable than verizon. Lol. Any other questions?!

Maybe wiping data,cache and dalvik? Please take the bad mouthing to xda...or twitter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Yeah it bootloops like crazy. I had to install the original release, then v5, then v51 for it to work. It's almost like it doesn't know it has to launch the Setup Wizard for the first boot.
Haha...P3 is not the only one whos facing that issue atm :/ Only difference is teamliquid doesnt release it. WE DO HAVE A BOOTABLE GNEXUS ROM, and its completely different than anything out atm...but we are having setupwizard troubles ourselves...

·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mydroidworld.com or the tbh app or he tweeted the link earlier.. There's 2 versions of 5 and 5.1. One with SMS lock screen and one with gtalk lock screen. P3 is more reliable than verizon. Lol. Any other questions?!

Maybe wiping data,cache and dalvik? Please take the bad mouthing to xda...or twitter.

Oh wow this is awkward. I didn't realize you were in charge of me. Here I was thinking this entire time that I was able to have an opinion about a ROM I ran that I, among others, had A LOT of issues flashing. Is it trash talk to say it wasn't worth it to flash it? Frankly once I actually got it to boot & accept my credentials for gMail I was unable to use TiBu to restore my apps so it was not worth it to me. Had you actually tried the ROM instead of making your inane comment you'd know that wiping actually makes things worse. Also the point to my thread was to post positive/negative feedback to perhaps encourage users to try it or to aide in a ROM selection for a possibly new crowd, or a tip to shy away for a flasher that is unsure how to fix a loop. If you can't handle opinions & want to be coddled like a school child because someone made a comment that put a negative spin on something maybe you should crawl back under your blankie where it's warm & safe from all the bad, bad, people in the world because this society is filled with "not worth it.". I have no qualms with P3, I've used & loved his work in the past, but I will pass on this ROM until it's functional and, perhaps in the future, will be worth it. Right now I'll stick to the ROMs that flash & boot reliably. If you want to spend the evening holding hands with Sasquatch on your way to Shangri-La to talk to Santa to figure out how to get the ROM to boot.. by all means, have at it.

·
Supporting Member
167 Posts
I heard that if you flash it you'll have access to all kinds of super secret stuff but only a little bit at a time and you'll have to pay p3 for every apk you load. Then it'll nerd rage on your twitter account and your phone will pretend to emo quit android

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
From what I understand P3 released it without realizing that that happened and since he released it this morning there has been no time to fix it. However since it is easily fixable by installing v5 which he tweeted and is linked in the thread on MDW I dont think that it is all that big of a deal and thats probably why he has not pulled the link. So far Im runninging it and have been all day and it seems extremely quick and snappy and has some pretty cool pulldown features. I was previously on GummyJar and performance was similiar but Gummy doesnt have the pulldown toggles. And your description of how complicated it is to make it boot is a little rediculous BlackDobe as he mentions in the OP that you need v5 installed first however to each his own...

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Guys, talk about the ROM, features, and how-tos. Keep any negativity/arguing/etc out of here, please. And if somebody posts something inappropriate, DO NOT respond to it otherwise you are contributing to the problem and not the solution. That's what the REPORT buttons if for. If somebody says something that's worth lashing back about, report it.

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
Its got a different pulldown then any Ive seen where you can long press on the individual icons and then itll pull up the corresponding settings which is pretty cool and then it has tweaks for speed and battery life as well as gapps that are not available in any other rom (those are P3's words and I dont know the version numbers of the old ones so that I can test)

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
love the way his toggles work but orange is ugly from is pretty damn good

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Also, titanium won't restore. Haven't figured out why. Everything is updated and lists OK but refuses to restore any app.

And don't wipe coming from v5 to v5.1 bc data wipe causes the boot loop.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
i have been running all of his nexus roms. they keep improving. havent tried any others but i am not sure that i want to either. The tibu issue is annoying but is not the only app on the market

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.