Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
El Conquistador
127 Posts
I am adding and updating this thread for all the users here. Now included are US Cellular, Cellular South & NTELOS settings. The following settings apply to the Samsung Mesmerize/Showcase & any other Android based USCC, Cellular South or NTELOS phone. The first thing you need to do is go to settings and find out what your MSID is. Usually it is your phone number, however if you have ported your number from another carrier it may be different. To find out what your MSID is go to SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>MORE INFO>STATUS. Your MSID is the number in the MIN field. To add these settings you need to open the Voice Dialer app and speak "Open APNs." Hit the menu button and select "Add APN." Now comes the fun part. Enter the following settings in the fields provided. If the settings that I provided have an empty value, leave it that way. The MIUI rom will delete settings as they scroll off the screen if not saved. So fill in the values you can see and hit done. Then go back in and add the rest until finished. Hopefully this helps!

Once you add this information and verify it is working, do yourself a favor and download APN Backup from the Android Market. It will allow you to backup and restore your settings so you can easily restore to a new ROM.

US Cellular Settings**THESE SETTINGS ARE CONFIRMED WORKING**

Name: USCC
APN: internet
Proxy:
Port: 80
Username: [email protected]
Password: yourMSID
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: mms

Cellular South Settings **THESE SETTINGS ARE CONFIRMED WORKING**MANY THANKS TO MastaOFEvil**

NAME: Cellular South
APN: Cellular South
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password: *
MMSC: http://pix.cellularsouth.com/servlets/mms
Server: *
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC: 311
MNC: 23
Authentication Type:
APN type:

*If you see an empty section leave it empty!*

NTELOS **THESE SETTINGS ARE CONFIRMED WORKING**MANY THANKS TO JWnSC**

APN Name: USCC
Numeric: 31000
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
APN: USCC
User: USCC
Server: *
Password: *
Proxy:
Port:
MMS proxy:
MMS port:
MMS protocol:
MMSC: http://mms.ntelospcs.net
Type:

If this was helpful, hit the "+" !

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"Wyman881 said:
Is the voice dialer app in the MIUI ROM or do we download it from the market?
It's in the tools folder in the rom

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums

·
El Conquistador
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wyman881 said:
Is the voice dialer app in the MIUI ROM or do we download it from the market?
The key is to find a quiet area. Otherwise who knows what the voice dialer will come up with.

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
I have tried it a few times (CM7) but is there supposed to be something shown after you save? Mine just goes right back to the blank Open APNs screen.

Haven't been able to send MMS yet...

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
i could not send and could only sometimes recieve sms messages both before and after updating the apn settings on cm7 and miui. any suggestions on what im doing wrong?

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
Everything works fine for me, sending and receiving flawlessly on every test. Thanks so much.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

·
El Conquistador
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"csanmba said:
Worked for me great on MIUI but not on CM7 using Mesmerize it would not save the apn on CM7
I don't think that the current cm7 release supports mms yet. Once the new test build is out it should work.

·
El Conquistador
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"sageDieu said:
Everything works fine for me, sending and receiving flawlessly on every test. Thanks so much.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500
Which carrier are you with?

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
mbrulla said:
Anyone know why the APN doesn't take on the latest build of CM7?
on the mesmerize here is the problem, build prop shows 310730 where out apn is using 310120. when you have conflicting numbers like that it makes the apn disapear till you edit the build.prop to use 310120. As for showcase, It might be the same issue.

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
"dfgas said:
on the mesmerize here is the problem, build prop shows 310730 where out apn is using 310120. when you have conflicting numbers like that it makes the apn disapear till you edit the build.prop to use 310120. As for showcase, It might be the same issue.
Would we be able to edit the build.prop file to match without any unintentional side effects?

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
<MastaOFEvil> Name=Cellular South, mcc=311, mnc=23, apn=Cellular South, user=blank, server=*, password=*, proxy=null, port=null, mmsprotocol=null, mmsc=http://pix.cellularsouth.com/servlets/mms, type=null

anything that says null is empty

Thank you MastaOfEvil

1 - 20 of 53 Posts