Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks a lot for this guide! I've managed to build my very 1st bleeding edge AOKP rom for maguro!

Now two little questions:
- How do I actually make cherry-picks? I've seen some guides, but I'm a little confused that when I make a cherry-pick, the next time I won't have a clean code when I do the "repo sync".
- And is it possible to change the build info before I compile the actual ROM?

Thanks a lot again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks a lot codesplice!

That's great info! But the next time that I use "repo sync" my cherry-picks will be lost? (that's what I'm hoping for, since I dunno nothing about coding and I'm unable to find where that cherry went). Bottom line is, are the cherry-picks deleted everytime I do a sync.
Sorry for that, I guess we were writing at the same time

And I read about the audio bug when building, I had the same problem here with maguro. I just need to manually copy the file and it's done? How did you find the missing file? You know the whole tree by head? I read about people using qgit to visually manage branches and missing files but I couldn't make it work :)

I'm deeply sorry about all those questions, but one little more
. After I've built the ROM, I've extracted the zip, edited the build.prop and repacked the zip, then my ROM was unflashable, is this commom?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there guys,

I've followed the guide, installed all necessary packages, I input the last command, then the build runs for about an hour, but there's no flashable .zip file in the end

I used to go with no problems with Ubuntu 10, now using 12.04

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the build finish successfully, or does it terminate with an error message? What files are present in your ~/aokp_jb/out/target/product/<target> directory afterwards?
This was the end of my log:

Code:
<br />
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Killed<br />
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
If this is somehow Java related, I have a big warning at the start about using a non compliant Java version.

And at my Out folder, I have ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img and ramdisk-recovery.cpio --- no zip

Thank a lot as always!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.