Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Android Apprentice
177 Posts
Glad to help. I'm having a blast learning a bit more about this stuff :)

Were you building it with brunch as described in the OP? I think that's the only thing I did differently this time and the audio_policy.conf worked correctly.

And to your earlier questions:

Since this tutorial was written with 12.04 in mind, I'd probably go on and upgrade to that and install the listed packages.
I was using brunch. Not sure why it's not included in the zip but I now have it on the gnex's "sdcard" so it's easy enough to copy into system/etc if I need it again.

· Android Apprentice
177 Posts
I'm facing the same thing. How did you solve this issue? Thanks

~renzs
Someone said that this had to do with using 32bit os instead of 64bit. Well not exactly true as I got the same message when setting up using 64bit Ubuntu 12.04. I suspect that the message was valid but i386 is 32bit and x86 is 64bit so in the end am guessing that it really didn't matter for my setup. I've been compiling & building just fine.

· Android Apprentice
177 Posts
It's not you. It's broke. That package is tracked from CM and has caused a couple different issues lately.

Edit: pushed fix to gerrit
Edited Edit: fail - fix is bigger than me. impacts our LTE toggle so I'll leave it to the pro's to fix
I built Toro just fine this afternoon. Might try a clobber and/or clear ccache (ccache -c and ccache -C).

· Android Apprentice
177 Posts
Remote desktop and no-ip works for me when I am at work. There is also a rdc app called access to go that works pretty well on my tablet. I like being able to access the full computer and not just the ubuntu vm. Is ssh better for this? Not sure if I could run ssh at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.