Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 352 Posts

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Ok cool... also I downloaded the build from androtransfer.com and compared it to mine and noticed a size difference in the app folder. Not sure if just because of timing of the builds or if those builds are slimed down a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Don't use the ota zip. The 'named' zip is the optimized zip. Watch your build run and you'll see that it's generated after the first zip. This is also why your sizes are different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
so is it truly true that we should NOT do the make clobber? what was the differential in time savings?
Time savings will be huge not doing clobber. If anything do a make clean. Or just sync and build. If it errors out, make clean and try again. Typically just sync and build is fine, especially if you aren't adding anything to your build manually or with cherry picks.

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
is there any point that it needs to be cleaned out?? or it just keeps itself clean by overwriting the new stuff only?
Keep in mind I'm just an amateur at this as well but if you use ccache then a make clean won't take all that long so it wouldn't hurt to do it. In theory though you shouldn't have to as it should just rebuild anything that's changed.

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Thank you all for the reply.
While building, I gave this command -

Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
Code:
lunch
Then I got the menu to select and subsequently chose my device.
After that I gave this command

Code:
make -j4 otapackage
After a long time when everything finished, I ended up with these messages that I just mentioned in my previous posts. However, I can't find any .zip package of the rom that I have compiled in the /out directory.

Is this normal or should the .zip file be there?
If it failed due to error (sounds like what you're saying) then no you wouldn't have a zip file. The aapt issues you mentioned are not failure errors though. You'd have to look farther up to find the actual build error. If you still have the log pastebin it and someone will take a look for you.

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
well it didn't exactly fail I think because I came back to the root directory, and the line above it did not speak of any errors as such.

Unfortunately, I closed the terminal window. Is there any way I could still get the log?
If you don't have any .zip's in the out/target/...etc folder then it failed. Not aware of anyway to pull the log other than to build again.

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
its not a cherrypick. i just cd to my aokp folder. run repo sync, and get
Code:
<br />
Syncing work tree: 100% (334/334), done. <br />
packages/apps/ROMControl/: discarding 1 commits<br />
error: packages/apps/ROMControl/: AOKP/packages_apps_ROMControl checkout c63eb67b4bbc92f80f1b1a1ddb2f9869d95c2eae<br />
CD to that path and do 'git reset --hard' then sync again

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I got these errors when I tried using this cherry. It spends about 45 mins building then hits these errors and ends. There is no zip outputted. What do?
This line is your error -

packages/apps/ROMControl/res/values/arrays.xml:604: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at '^index_0' with value '@*android:drawable/ic_lockscreen_alarm_normal')

It's because you need this commit as well - http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/c/2838/

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Thanks, but how did you come to that conclusion? I want to learn all this stuff so I can do it on my own in the future.
In general if there's a commit to add an option in rom control there will be a commit somewhere else to make that option function. Warnings are just that and not an error that would cause the build to fail.

· Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Ermergawd.
It opened up a tool...with pretty colors.
That's about all I can differentiate.
Guess this is beyond me.

Thanks though Zaph!

I'll continue looking on the off chance that this makes sense somehow.
I had a similar reaction to that tool. Best bet is to just watch the commit and wait for someone to rebase it.

1 - 20 of 352 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.